It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:30 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

Post subject: Fixed Twonkymedia
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:33 am 
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

I don't know if this is going to help fix everyone problems but it sure fixed my.
I notice than when i go to the media server tab it looked something like the picture bellow.

Attachments:
File comment: I thought this was normal but i decide to change it to look like the one bellow.
Screen shot 2010-03-12 at 12.21.54 PM.png
Screen shot 2010-03-12 at 12.21.54 PM.png [ 12.83 KiB | Viewed 8452 times ]
File comment: Sure enough once i did it the video problem in the media streamer when away. I can see my videos and play them again. I am going to assume you know how to make the changes i made. Go ahead and try it.
Screen shot 2010-03-12 at 12.23.22 PM.png
Screen shot 2010-03-12 at 12.23.22 PM.png [ 15.16 KiB | Viewed 8452 times ]

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
 Post subject: Re: Fixed Twonkymedia
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:57 pm 
Founder
Founder

I've actually changed mine the other way, to only have Music show music files, Photos only shows photos, and Videos only shows videos.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:59 pm 
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

yakuza wrote:
I've actually changed mine the other way, to only have Music show music files, Photos only shows photos, and Videos only shows videos.

Did it fix your problem?

Thanks  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:01 pm 
Founder
Founder

The only problems I've experienced, I have documented on the blog.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:11 pm 
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

yakuza wrote:
The only problems I've experienced, I have documented on the blog.

There was a lot of us having problem with the remote media streamer and videos. We were not able to play them or even see them. I had the folders but they were empty.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:16 pm 
2.5TB storage
2.5TB storage

My media server has transferred 176 G of files in 20 hours. I could have done that much faster manually. The CPU is pegged and slowly transfering files. I don't really understand what it is doing. It transferrred 19 movies out of 300 so far. It is a new EX490 with the STD CPU and seems much slower than my EX470 with a LE1640.

Here are my notes from another post:
Yesterday I started to backup part of my main computer. I installed 2 new drives, both Seagate 2TB into the server and began to backup 3 of 8 drives in the main computer. 9 hours later it finished. I then started Twonky and the media collector to see how long this would take on a small portion of my media library. 12 hours later my server is at 100% CPU and is brain dead as it will hardly respond to any inputs. The HP media collector is scanning my main computer and it is also brain dead as it is using 50 to 60 % at times of all four cores to collect media. And dominating the C: drive totally.

I cannot go to the internet or get mail while it is scanning the C:/ drive and if I try the computer crashes and/or Internet Explorer or my mail program locks up. When it finished the C:/ drive I can use programs slowly and it is now gathering data from all the other drives on the main computer for media setup even though I have not backed up those drives yet.

I only write this as a warning to all going to update their EX470/EX475 computers that they will be faced with a massive time consuming re-inventory and reallocation of their media data. At the present rate I expect to see the server spend many days in this mode.

It is also evident that the EX490 CPU is woefully overwhelmed and is not adequate to do this task. I am glad that I have an E7500 on order to upgrade. I can hardly imagine what will happen if I turn on media conversion.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:50 pm 
2.5TB storage
2.5TB storage

36 hours and one backup failed at 36%. Media collector still running at 100% CPU with files appearing and disappearing from the shared folders. UGH!

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:08 am 
2.5TB storage
2.5TB storage

It took 1 hour to shut down Twonky and media sharing as CPU so overworked it would not recognize any keyboard or mouse inputs. Rebooted the server and also rebooted main computer. Forced system to do backup only with other functions off. Ex490 is now doing backups for 9 hours and about 45% done. It is acting as a normal server now but it is slow. I will not reactivate any media sharing until I have completed basic functions several times.

I can hardly wait to see how the EX470 responds to 3.0 update. I hope it is smoother than this new one is.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:59 am 
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

I have not had any problems with the CPU usage yet. The back ups are working fine. The only problem i had with the new 3.0 was music and videos. Can someone post the details of the update, not just twonkey and mac back ups? There has to be more than that.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:22 pm 
2.5TB storage
2.5TB storage

I think per Yakuza's blog that the two updates you mentioned were the only changes.

My new EX490 immediately updated to 3.2 and after my first partial backup I started Twonky. It locked up at 100% CPU and stayed there. It took so long that it ran into the next day’s backup and brought everything to its knees. After I shut it down and did only a backup it completed the first full backup in another 14 hours and I did it in 3 phases. First total backup took probably 24 hours or more. Now I have turned off backups and am running the Media server to update Twonky and the shared folders. Twonky seems to overwhelm the process so I am trying to focus the server on one task until I get all the files in the proper places

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:37 pm 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

I'm still having issues with it. I cannot see any files at all. And it shows that its been stuck on a folder for several weeks. I even have the "fix" from the latest update.

PS3

Thanks