It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:10 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:00 am 
1.5TB storage
1.5TB storage

I can't seem to successfully do a factory reset on my LX195. Every time it fails at step #2 with an option to cancel or retry. I confirmed the process verbatim, the cabling, turned off the firewalls & antivirus, did the paperclip at the right time and got the correct indicator. It looks like the MSS is trying/failing to make a network connection to the directly connected client computer for about 10min. I see the tftp icon in the taskbar, the network taskbar icon is constantly trying to acquire an address, indicates a GBit connection, periodically the nic indicator lights go out on both the MSS and client and then come back on. I'm at a loss...

BK

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:07 am 
1.5TB storage
1.5TB storage

My plan was to reset the device and then setup a non-technical family member with the LX195 with a concurrent switch to the EX485 for myself. However, after the failed reset episode I had second thoughts and instead I took advantage of a window of opportunity to return the LX195. The reset is now moot for me. Another site suggested that the pc needed to have tcp/ip settings manually input since the tftp utility called upon during reset would often fail to make the correct adjustments...I was not able to make that work, but that might be a clue for someone else. The LX195 model apparently uses a unique reset procedure. Onward to the EX485....

BK

Thanks