It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:02 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:47 am 

I am running into trouble consolidating my itunes library. I am running out of Hard Drive space on my computer. I have an HP MediaSmart server that I would like to use to hold my iTunes library. I currently do not have iTunes keeping my music folder organized.

I followed the steps to:
1-have itunes keep music folder organized
2-change the libary location to that on my HP MediaSmart server

So far, no issues with these steps. Next step to Consolidate
3-I would like to use Consolidate Library to move all of my music over into the same library on the HP MediaSmart server

Each time I run the file, I get the error 'There is not enough room on "DATA" to copy all of the requested files'

Since I have 2TB of free space on the the server, I am trying to determine what is causing this error. I only have about 3GB of space on my computer. Wondering if it needs a larger buffer to make the move? Or are there any other issues?

****UPDATE**** I cleaned up my computer's hard drive a bit more and now have 17GB of space...still get the same error.

Thanks for help.

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:58 am 
Founder
Founder

I've not tried to consolidate to the server, but I would suggest you make sure you have all the latest WHS patches installed, you should be running Power Pack 2. Also, how large is the library you are trying to move?

Thanks  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:06 pm 

I have about 140gb of music and videos to move over. I have installed all of the MS updates so I believe I have power pack 2. I appreciate your help. Any other ideas?

Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:53 am 

I did confirm that the server software is updated and running Power Pack 2

Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:07 pm 
Founder
Founder

How are you configuring the Consolidate? Did you create a share named "Data"? I don't know how iTunes would know that name... I would have expected you to copy it to the Music share.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:30 pm 

I am not sure why 'Data' is popping up. I am actually copying over to a letter drive that I shared with my PC. I am copying to the file iTunes Music. That is what made me wonder if the Consolidate function does some kind of buffering in a temporary data folder on the PC.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:13 am 

Hi

Richmo, I have the same problem with the DATA error.
I suspect that it moves the iTunes data to a Windows swap file/cache before actually copying it. My iTunes folder is about 200 Gb with 500 ish spare on the server. My C: drive only has 90Gb free.
I am going to resize partitions on my first drive to give C: more spare space than the size of the iTunes data and then I'll post back here to let you know what happened.

Thanks