It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:22 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:16 am 

Hi guys,

I know that the HP server has the admin account restricted, how do i go about giving it full admin rights?

Im running into problems when logged into the server via remote desktop as the admin, im trying to create for example an additional folder in the User directory.

Can anyone tell me how to remove the admin restrictions, its also a pain having to copy stuff locally to the server desktop in order to install various apps. Again for example Powerchute for my ups. I like to keep all apps in an apps share on the serve so to speak, i should be able to browse to it and run the install from there.

Im not a total n00b when it comes to running servers and such, used to have a spare xeon 3210 based workstation running the ms oem version of whs on it. but prefer the lower power usage of the hp box lol.

Cheers guys.

Wes

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:50 am 
Founder
Founder

HP did nothing to restrict the MSS beyond what WHS does by default, the only difference being the sysprep process Microsoft requires all OEM builders to use for building the OS image. Which specific folder is failing to create, and how are you trying to create it? You should be able to install software from a share, as long as you right-click, select properties, and then unblock.

Some of our more experienced sysadmins here may have insights on removing any additional permission restrictions.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:22 pm 
Uber Moderator
Uber Moderator

Quote:
Can anyone tell me how to remove the admin restrictions, its also a pain having to copy stuff locally to the server desktop in order to install various apps. Again for example Powerchute for my ups. I like to keep all apps in an apps share on the serve so to speak, i should be able to browse to it and run the install from there.

Check my post on this thread, it will stop the annoying unblock feature, and will get rid of some of your headaches. Let me know any other specific areas that are troubling you.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:10 pm 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

What thread might I ask? You say "check this thread" but I don't see one. This is a topic of interest. :)

Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:24 pm 
Uber Moderator
Uber Moderator

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2431&hilit=enhanced :oops:

Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:27 pm 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

@Alex.... I finally correctly did the server recovery as you suggested. But now the server doesn't recognize my logging. I also was able to rdp into it before the recovery as Administrator, and that's now not working. I'm trying to find the default login id and password. Do you remember what is was from your days at H.P.? I can't believe these are that difficult to administer.

Thanks