It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:20 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2024 6:54 am 

Hello folks, I am interested in installing a second EX490 on the same network. Does anyone have any experience doing so and is there any conflict when installing a second server? From what I know, make sure you use a different server name on the new server. Then just un-install the connector from the terminal and reinstall using the new server name. Not sure after installation if both servers will be available to console in to.
For examle a drop down menu showing both server names so you can select one or the other to connect to.

UPDATE: I connected the second EX 490 to the network. Even though the shares on available on both servers, I can only console in to the first server.

UPDATE 2: Using Remote Desktop Connection application I was able to open the Windows Server Console. Previously I connected to the HP EX 490 through Windows Home Server Console using the Home Server Connector Software downloaded from the server re:"setup" in the WHS Software folder.

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!