It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:23 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

Post subject: HP EX490 DRIVE ISSUES
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:44 pm 

I recently had an issue with connecting to server I removed the storage drives (2 WD 2TB RED) leaving the system drive re-started and tried to reconnect
Could not connect so I did a server restore from factory disk and reinstalled the PC connector software on my Windows 10 machine
ALL GOOD!!! I then reinstalled the 2 storage drive The problem I am having is on the Home Server Console SERVER STORAGE screen
It shows the system drive Bay 1 HEALTHY and the other 2 drives NOT ADDED and the "calculating sizes" progress bar scanning away
I can see all my folders (shared folders) as they were previously before the crash and can access some of the data (files, pictures, etc.)
My question is how can I get my storage drives added to the server? Should I have done the server restore with the 2 storage drives installed?
The Network status is CRITICAL (RED) and the Home Network Health screen shows Storage Status "Volume with name Secondary Volume (1,2) has failed"
Everything else is good and the all drives were good before the connection issue (All Server and Hard drive lights BLUE) and all the drives (WD RED) are about 2 years old and I can't believe that BOTH storage drive have faults
Any suggestions as to how I can solve this is much appreciated!!!

Attachments:
File comment: Server Storage
HP Server Storage.JPG
HP Server Storage.JPG [ 86.76 KiB | Viewed 14844 times ]
Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!