It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:34 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

Post subject: PSU Test
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:20 pm 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

Hi there

Well, a doze or so years on and my EX490 is taking a dive. Unit was powered down, and when I would hit the power button on back got at times a brief blink of the power icon and another icon, one or two HDD lights, but nothing around any sort of visual status thing going on, then just as quickly stopping . . . . just a single momentary 'blink'. And as well, most of the time nothing happening when I pushed that button. I suspected a PSU supply issue as I have had a couple odd power offs the last while despite hooked up to a ACP UPS 1500 that has worked well over the years.

Anyway, pulled the PSU out and checked Pins 1 & 2. Shows 5 V so power coming through. But when jumpered, the fan does not work.

Am a right at this point in identifying the PSU as done, or is there something more in that the fan wouldn't necessarily start to spin just with pins 1 & 2 jumpered?

Thanks

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
 Post subject: Re: PSU Test
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:52 pm 
2.5TB storage
2.5TB storage

I had some wonkiness like this happen to me too. Same exact problem. Ended up being the battery on the Mobo. Not sure if that will work for you too but it's worth a try.

ex49x/v1 (toyin w/Vail)
VGA
Q8200s w/two 30mm cooling fans
4gb Ram
Rear Casecover Cooling Mod

Thanks