It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:05 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:09 pm 
1.5TB storage
1.5TB storage

We got ransomwared, so we're trying to restore everything from the day before Armageddon. We got one server fully restored from our EX495, so that's great news, and a big thumbs up for WHS!

My current problem is our second server. It's a Dell PowerEdge T330, running Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard, and I can get it to boot from the PC Restore Disc, but when I get to the Detect Hardware: Select your Regional and Keyboard Settings dialog, my keyboard and mouse stop responding.

This sounds vaguely familiar, from when I first had to install Server 2008, and I think the problem was that the T330's USB ports are too new for the OS (whether that's the Server 2008 installer CD or the WHS PC Restore Disc).

Is there a way to inject the newer USB drivers and burn an enhanced WHS PC Restore Disc? I found this article that had a link to the "xFiles edition" of the boot CD, but that link is now dead. Searching elsewhere for the "xfiles" edition results in some very sketchy-looking sites that want a credit card.

Thanks!

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!