It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:14 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:48 pm 

Hi

I know that the WHS v1 is a service that is always running.... but I need to find a way to query if a client pc is actually backing up to the server at a given time, i also need to do the same with the server its self (i am planning to backup the system drive with windows backup)

What i am hoping to do is have a query ran as part of a batch script so that if there is a backup currently in progress then part of the batch script will not run, as I want the backups to complete......

My VPN service sometimes crashes in the middle of the night and needs to be reset so my batch script resets my vpn service in stages including and ipconfig release renew if no internet connect is detected. But the issue i will run into is if the backup is running then the backup would become interrupted and incomplete.

I tried montioring processing in task manager after starting a client pc backup to WHS, but didnt see anything.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks!

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:31 pm 
Founder
Founder

You can specify the window of time in which the backup runs, IIRC by default it's midnight to 6AM. Modify that to an appropriate time for you, then have your batch file run after.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:42 pm 

I could but my batch file runs every 5 mins 24hrs a day to check if there is a lossed connection that needs to be reset. I did think about suspending it during 12 to 5am since thats when backups would run, but sometimes i have seen my backups run past 6 hours.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:25 am 
Founder
Founder

The only other idea I have would be to write a small exe that your batch file could call to check the backup state, if you're so inclined.
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/librar ... anged.aspx

Thanks