It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:10 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:50 pm 

Hi Everyone,

This is probably more of a wordpress / php issue i think, but I am not sure at this point and havent gotten a response on the wordpress forums so thought perhaps some of you may have seen this issue before?

Windows Home Server V1 (aka Windows Server 2003 /XP). I have successfully gotten the PHP , MySQL, and WordPress 2.84 addins installed and My site is running no problem.
WP 2.8.4
PHPMYADMIN 3.2.0
PHP 5.26

However, there is any issue whereby i can not upgrade to the latest wordpress, not can i add any plugins or themes from the control panel. Alli get is the following error:
Quote:
Downloading update from http://downloads.wordpress.org/release/ ... ss-4.4.zip.
Download failed.: Could not open handle for fopen() to http://downloads.wordpress.org/release/ ... ss-4.4.zip
Installation Failed

I have read the wordpress forums and so far checked the php.ini to ensure fopen is allowed, as well as given full contol of all files under my php folder, and wwwroot foler to added ISUR_SERVERNAME

allow_url_fopen = On
allow_url_include = Off

None of this has helped. The weird thing is i had no problems when i did this a week ago prior to rebuilding my server and was able to run these no problem. I have also manually upgraded my wordpress folder to v4.4 but then the plugins and themes give me a different error of some sort.

Any thoughts on how to resolve this?
THANKS!

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:19 am 
Max Contributor
Max Contributor

I hate to see unanswered posts. I do not have any experience with installing wordpress and maintaining it on the servers but hope you are able to figure it out.
The only option I could give is just like with windows, " some times ya got to start over" but sometimes losing everything is hard.
I wish you good luck, shout back with what you did, it might help someone else.
Good Luck and Happy new year!
P.S. There is also a software thread, maybe there is something in there....

:twisted: Fear the Cloud :twisted:

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:35 pm 

Thanks, i did end up getting it solved actually.
After bypassing the addins and installed from scratch i still had the same problem. I needed to open up permisssion on the inetpub folder of my site for the IUSR_Server account as well as the other admins.
I dont recall doing that originally but now it is working at least. Although i have a similar issue with images being uploaded to wordpress now the new folders it creates dont inherit the parent folders permissions which is odd.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:01 am 
Max Contributor
Max Contributor

I was watching a podcast "Homeservershow" where Dave Macabe was briefly talking about the latest updates that wordpress came out with and things were breaking and a lot of people were having problems till they came out with a newer version and some were still fighting with it, so sounds like you are not alone.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOGnO7UaVHc here is that podcast, start watching about 38 mins in Dave takes about the wordpress update to the update. Might help.

Have a look over at some of the wordpress forums maybe, I believe it's not just you :-)
Good luck

:twisted: Fear the Cloud :twisted:

Thanks