It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:15 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:28 pm 
1TB storage
1TB storage

I've tried posting in the hardware area but havent heard anything on multiple threads and thought maybe i was posting in a bad spot so I'd try here..

Has anyone got the HDD drive lights to work on any other OS's other than the server 2003 that comes with the mediasmart? i've tried the HpMssServiceSetup download and followed the instructions and still getting NILL. I've tried it for Server 2008 Enterprise, Standard and Datacenter (which the documentation says it supports). I've also tried 2012 essentials (which in the documentation also says it supports)

I've tried installing the additional packages that it comes with, which the documentation says to install. I've also installed the updates then tried the installers.. one way or the other first. Nothing.

Nothing too much against server 2003 but wanted something a bit newer.. and actually 64 bit so i can run the 4 gig ram.

has anyone got this to work? from what i've scoured the internet, it seems unsupported anymore..

Ideas? anyone? Is there a nifty command I can just run to turn them on? that'd be cool. I know it sounds silly but I kinda liked them but dont want a 12 year old s/w running..

EX485, Dual-core CPU, 2 gig, Multiple OS's have been tried. 64 bit. is 64 bit the problem?

-Justin

PPC Mac Mini-Debian-1GB,80GB-Web/Email/DB
Intel Mac Mini-Debian- 4GB,500GB-Sandbox

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:04 am 
Max Contributor
Max Contributor

I got them working (sort of) way back when they first starting doing it. Don't remember which OS is was whs 2011 or win2012E, but I got the software and [ Drivers] and got the lights working.
The thing is, they didn't work as good as they did on whs v1.

They were just kind of ON if there was a drive and OFF if there was not a drive. It was a little lack luster so I formatted and did away with it and went back to whs v1.

Sorry, not much help, 64 bit was not a problem, the software and Drivers were made for 64 bit, it was getting everything installed correctly and the new Backplane/harddrive drivers that made it work.

I did mine on a EX490 which seemed to be the easiest to work with.

The EX485 had different hardware, that might be the problem, but if anybody would know, search for post from DieHard he has done it all, lights, 3 tb drives as OS and pool, he is the expert.

Hope this helps, good luck I am still running whs v1 and will at least till win7 hits EOL. I hear win 10 works as well, but I am going to wait and see what comes next.

:twisted: Fear the Cloud :twisted:

Thanks