It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:11 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:06 am 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

Hello,
I have had my server powered down for a few months and brought it up to do some overdue backups. It powered up well and I can get to it across the network as a network drive but I can not remote into it via remote desktop. I then figured well I will go in through my trusty local keyboard and monitor which I have wired into it and I was going to try and log in locally to see what is going on. I got to the login screen where Administrator is the user name and tried "Admin", "" as well as a few of my favorite password and none of them get me in. I am fairly convinced I have never changed the Admin account from it's default so I wondered if anyone here has ideas of what the factory default Administrator password may be or what I can try. Any help and suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Joe

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:41 pm 

Unfortunately if you can not remember the password you assigned the server when you set it up then your only course of action is to perform a Server Recovery not a Factory Reset but a Server Recovery which preserves your data. There is no joy in doing that so hopefully you will remember your servers password.

Migrated from WHS2011 to WS2012E: HIGHLANDER

~ Norco 4220 Enclosure
~ Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5
~ AMD Phenom II X4 995 3.2 GHz
~ 8 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
~ 3 Supermicro AOC-SASLP-MV8

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:16 am 
Max Contributor
Max Contributor

For RDP connections the login name would be Administrator.
Actually it is server_name/Administrator.
They both should work.
Using Admin is incorrect for user name.

Then your password would be whatever you entered at setup for the master password.
So like Comp1962 said if you can't remember the initial password, Then you will need to perform a recovery.

Dune HD Connect
Rasberry PI OSMC(KODI)
ReadyNAS RN316
Amazon FireStick
Amazon ECHO
AnyDvD
MyMovies

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:09 am 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

:sanjuan:
I have to come back and brag on a tool that got me back into my server without going through a recovery.
I used Petter Nordahl-Hagen's Offline NT Password & Registry Editor which is a linux utility that can be run from a bootable usb. It walked right through and cleared my admin password and I am back in and all is fine. Of course I did have video and keyboard capability on mine to be able to do this but I am happy and back to working now. Just in case anyone is curious in the future at the time I did this I used his latest version which at the time was being distributed in a file from his site http://pogostick.net/~pnh/ntpasswd/ as usb140201.zip

Hope this helps someone else in the future!!!!!
:sanjuan: :banana: :chicken: :cheers: :banana: :chicken: :cheers: :sanjuan:

Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:16 pm 

How can you setup the server if the install disks that came with it do not work on Windows 10?
I have performed a full factory reset, however if HP requires you use the software to setup the server, and cant use Windows 10, then how would you go about setting up the server?

Thanks  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:33 pm 
2.5TB storage
2.5TB storage

bombz wrote:
How can you setup the server if the install disks that came with it do not work on Windows 10?
I have performed a full factory reset, however if HP requires you use the software to setup the server, and cant use Windows 10, then how would you go about setting up the server?
Im guessing your tryin to install v1. Double check that SMB1 is enabled on the client terminal before you try the OS install. If its not that could be the issue. Also, make sure your following the install steps on one of the more recent install guides posted here.

I had to keep an old dell d630 around with xp on it to setup a v1 47x, I g0t it off fleabay cheap.

Haven't had Install issues with a v1 on a 49x

ex49x/v1 (toyin w/Vail)
VGA
Q8200s w/two 30mm cooling fans
4gb Ram
Rear Casecover Cooling Mod

Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:22 pm 
Max Contributor
Max Contributor

I have used win 10 for a couple years with no issues for recovery or reset. both 32 and 64 bit home and pro
PC restore is a issue with win10 unless you can find a nic compatible with windows xp or a stand alone driver for your current NIC to place on a flash drive.

But yes, smb v1 is probably not installed on win 10 so you need to add it from the add programs and features menu on the pc.

Dune HD Connect
Rasberry PI OSMC(KODI)
ReadyNAS RN316
Amazon FireStick
Amazon ECHO
AnyDvD
MyMovies

Thanks