It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:23 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

Post subject: X310 Dead?
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:51 pm 

Hello all,

So I have the dreaded blinking blue light, 3rd one in from left. I've taken each drive out and scanned them. One of the WD's had to be repaired! I was hoping this would fix it. Nope!

The light had been blinking red for a while but it blinked red because the silly domain name service had expired and I didn't want it anyway and couldn't find a way to get rid of it. Looks like there is a way now.

Sorry, went off on a different tangent, but the light is blinking blue now and forever more it seems like. I didn't really find any solutions other than checking the drives seems to fix it or restoring the server with out wiping the data on it. However, I've lost 2 of my 3 disks! DOH! All I have is the PC Restore. I'm typically very good at hanging on to all system type discs...anyway. It doesn't look like HP offers the discs anymore or even an image to download. Anyone know of a reliable place to get the image or anyone with the X310 able to make an ISO for me to download?

I do wonder if the system was fried? When I opened the drive door the top hard drive was very hot. Wondering if the system fried possibly.

Right now I hear the drives doing something. Maybe after the repair to the WD it's working on recovering? I'll let it go again. I should also install a second fan; as someone else indicated that only one is in there.

Something else I'm curious about. I don't have any way to hook a monitor to it. I've been reading you need a cord or adapter of some sort. Has anyone tried a USB video card? Amazon has one for about $50 by EVGA. Normally I just remote in but of course you can't do that unless windows boots up.

Any other suggestions or maybe I missed something in the forums?

Thanks in advance!

Brian

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
 Post subject: Re: X310 Dead?
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:01 pm 

The USB-VGA Adapters only work once the OS has loaded. I know this because it was my first attempt to get video to my server many years ago. Best way to get video is to purchase and install a DEBUG Board which you can read about from the link below:

http://www.mediasmartserver.net/2010/05 ... available/

Migrated from WHS2011 to WS2012E: HIGHLANDER

~ Norco 4220 Enclosure
~ Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5
~ AMD Phenom II X4 995 3.2 GHz
~ 8 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
~ 3 Supermicro AOC-SASLP-MV8

Thanks  
The following user would like to thank Comp1962 for this post
mrbryo
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:21 am 
Max Contributor
Max Contributor

Losing your recovery disks is like losing the keys to your car, it sucks!
Sorry to hear. Some have contacted HP and have been lucky enough to get replacements.
Goodluck

:twisted: Fear the Cloud :twisted:

Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:41 am 

Yes it does. I'll be making backups of the disks for certain for my backup folder. Something I normally do but missed these. I'll try and call HP. I've been turning my office upside down looking for them.

Thanks