It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:00 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:03 am 

Was having trouble connecting to my x510 so forced a reboot.
Now when it starts up I get solid aqua lights forthe first two and flashing aqua for the Health LED.

I can't ping the server from any other device even though the network card is flashing as if there's activity.

I have tried:
- replacing the network cable
- removing and reseating the factory disk and second disk I added. After do this I could hear it booting normally but still no luck.
- following the instructions for a system recovery which came back with a strange error that wasnt documented anywhere.

I am yet to remove the disks and connect them to my PC to see what they are like and to run some tests, will do that once I get the right cables.

This problem seems to be fairly common, anyone successfully got it working again without any data loss?

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:36 pm 

Hi cb_24 Welcome to the forums!

Sounds like your server is not booting properly. You should connect the drives to another computer and perform a CHKDSK /r on them. Typically this will resolve most issues with WHS booting. If a drive is failing and CHKDSK is unable to correct its issues it will need to be replaced.

If its a storage pool drive that has failed then you can boot the server without it installed. Replace the drive and then remove the failed drive from the storage pool. If the failed drive is the actual System Drive then you will need to replace it and perform a server recovery. Of course this is only necessary if the issue is with a failing drive.

One way to help you determine if the actual heath of your drives is to install WindowsSMART 2012 which you can read about and download from the following link. http://www.dojonorthsoftware.net/

Migrated from WHS2011 to WS2012E: HIGHLANDER

~ Norco 4220 Enclosure
~ Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5
~ AMD Phenom II X4 995 3.2 GHz
~ 8 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
~ 3 Supermicro AOC-SASLP-MV8

Thanks