It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:07 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

Post subject: Red/white Health Light
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 9:31 pm 
1.5TB storage
1.5TB storage

I posted in another thread about not being able to access one of my drives, but now it seems the problem is deeper.
The HP485 Health light turned red. According to HP this means it has an operating system failure. I could not establish a connection to the server so I rebooted it. Upon reboot, the health light turned half white half red (like both leds were on). HP says to press the recessed status/recovery button and the light will flash different colors representing a code, however when I press it nothing happens. Sound like an OS failure? How do I verify and what would be my next steps?
We use this for our small business, all our files (including Quickbooks) is on the server!
Thanks fopr any help!
Jamie

Update:
Just did a little more Googling and found that this strange color (all leds on, red, blue, white) is a sign that the MOBO is shot.
I removed all drives and booted and verified "MININT..." is listed in my router client list. However this did not force it into recovery mode with a blinking white/red LED as I guess it's supposed to.

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!