It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:03 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:12 pm 

I have a EX485 and and EX495. The 485 seems to keep eating system discs in a slow deterioration that stops allowing access to the data. can I take the clean OS 490 and add the three data HDs to the system and do a recovery on it or is there another way to get the data onto the 490 easily?
:encore:

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:30 pm 
Founder
Founder

See here: http://www.mediasmartserver.net/2010/01 ... me-server/

And here: http://www.mediasmartserver.net/2009/08 ... -hardware/

Thanks  
The following user would like to thank yakuza for this post
mcoletta
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:02 am 

Thanks for the articles and I have done a recovery by having a new system drive and moving the data hard drives to the new server. It was not smooth as it failed at step 3 of 4 three times and step 4 of 4 once, but it finally recovered and seems to have accepted all of the data drives.

However, i can not get the connector to install. First it was failing to configure the backup near the end of the installation procedure. I went back and did a reboot of the server and that didn't work either, now after a server reboot and a computer reboot and removal of the software installation totally, I tried to reinstall and it does the server 3.0 installation OK, but does not recognize the password and errors out. I ran the toolkit on the PC and the results of what could be wrong range from wrong version between PC and server to a bunch of minor issues that do not pertain to installation or configuration.

Any Ideas?

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:24 pm 
Max Contributor
Max Contributor

I have had no luck with recoveries in the past, hence, I don't trust them. Had same problem, first try failed completely and the second try finished, but had lots of problems. Only after a reset and moving the data back did it work as new.

A non pooled drive with all your data backed up is the only sure fire way to keep from losing data.
As far as drives failing, (age) the servers are getting up their in age and (seagate) drives are cheap and seem to fail sooner then others and the servers needing a good cleaning to help with airflow..
Goodluck

:twisted: Fear the Cloud :twisted:

Thanks