It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:51 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:32 am 

I have a HP EX490 and recently had to run the recovery routine to swap out a failing system drive. All went well, however I now have a problem with both internal and external web access.

The remote connector continually fails after checking that the web site is available internally.

If I open a browser on one of my PCs on the same network using the internal IP address, then it loads the HP MediaSmart server Web site. However if I try and access Media Streamer, photo access etc (all of the sites that start https) then I get a blank web page. In Safari it tells me that it cannot establish a secure connection, in IE8 it just displays a blank screen.

I'm pretty sure that these are all related to the failure of the remote connection wizard & something is blocking access, but I am at a loss to know where to look now. I have ports 80, 443 and 4125 all set on my router and they all appear on the UPNP page. I have checked them with a scanner and 80 and 443 are fine. 4125 reports as closed, but I think that is not necessarily a problem?

All of the searches that I have done end up with advice about the remote access, but I have a feeling that this is a firewall problem initially within my Network. As it all worked fine before I carried out the recovery process I can only think it was something that came from this.

Any ideas gratefully received before I pull my few remaining hairs out !!

UPDATE

Now fixed - Eventually found a great thread about updating all of the windows server updates. Apparently it can take a week or so after a recovery to reinstall all of the windows updates.

By forcing them manually from the server, eventually I was able to complete the remote access and the other problems went away

Here is the thread I followed

http://qa.social.microsoft.com/Forums/e ... b680e909c8

Hope it helps others

Many thanks
:

Thanks  
The following user would like to thank petertow for this post
yakuza

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!