It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:05 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

Post subject: Help with missing files
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:57 am 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

Good Morning all

I am having some similar types of issues which I am hoping someone is able to shed some light on. I am a pretty techy guy and have been using WHS from the original days with the first EX470 that I bought.

I am now running WHS v1 on a homebuild 20 disk setup...but the premise is the same, machine has a current pool of 12 drives and everything has been running without any hitch at all.

That was until last night, I went to watch a single episode of a tv program on one of my XBMC pCs and it could see the filed, so I drilled down into the file folder from within XBMC and again the file didnt exist...so I went down to the server, slid out its screen and had a look directly in the shares...and sure enough the main tv show directory structure was fine, but when i drilled down into the actual series folder, all of the Season folders were still intact, but once I looked in the directory itself, the folders were completely empty.

I then had a look in a few other folders and the same has happened all video files look like they are gone, but the folder structure is still in place....

I should add that one of the actual individual files which has now totally disappeared I actually watched the previous night, so I know it was there less than 24 hours before....

This makes absolutely no sense to me and I cant imagine what would have done this. Why would the server just delete files which definitely existed on it jsut ad ay before....and why would it delete just the video files and not the directories that they are in...it almost sounds virus like but it doesnt appear to be that either having run checks and keeping that machine protected at all times

When I get home tonight I am going to run a full checkdisk on the system BUT I am not sure how long this will take with 12 x 2TB disks.....

Really quite worried this could be happening across the entire spanned drive and having no idea what I could be losing

I am not getting warnings of corrupted drives, the files have literally just GONE..

Any suggestions would be very greatly receieved as I am totally flumoxed by this one.

HELP

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:36 pm 
Founder
Founder

I split this out from where you had posted it as I don't see how it relates to "unable to access server via RDC".

I'm not aware of any server process that would delete media. Check all the drives for errors (the Home Server SMART Add-In is good). Do you have duplication enabled?

Thanks