It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:40 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:14 am 
1.5TB storage
1.5TB storage

Happy new year all! :)

I've just recently performed a restore and got everything running the way I like to find Drive0 is now having 'health issues'. In server storage on the console it says 'healthy' under status but I keep getting network at risk messages about bad sectors and HS SMART is saying the same thing.

I was hoping I could make an image of Drive0 and restore this to a new drive but everything I've read suggests a complete rebuild is the only way to do it - is this correct?

Most importantly, I'd like to back up my shared folders (136GB) to an external USB drive (320GB). How do I go about this? :-k

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:12 am 
Founder
Founder

You can clone the OS drive: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6826

WHS has built-in functionality to back up the Shared Folders, if you need a guide on that feature here's a good one: http://usingwindowshomeserver.com/2009/ ... ard-drive/

Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:45 pm 
1.5TB storage
1.5TB storage

Thanks for the links, have a back-up running now :)

I'm not sure what to do about the system disc, I just know it's dying and HDD prices are high right now. I really don't need more space - I have a 1TB (system) + 2x 500MB drives and I'm only using 18% inc. duplication.

I was going to replace the system drive with the storage drive from my PC (500MB) as the WHS box was bought to effectively replace this and have central storage with just my 64GB SSD left in my main PC. I do like having the storage drive in there in case of the event of a WHS failure, though. Hmmm

Thanks