It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:36 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:07 am 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

Hello,

My apologies for a long post.

I am having an issue with my EX485 running software version 3.0 from resuming back from sleep. The machine comes back up, the ip address is pingable but I am unable to either access the console nor rdp into the server. My speculation is some process is pegging the cpu. I had to hard reboot the machine to get access back in, but once I get back in is there some way to find what if any process was pegging the cpu?

Some Background
I have had my EX485 for a few years running without any problems running v2.5. I use the lightsout plugin to manage the state of the box.

Please note, I have no idea whether the comments below are cause of the issue or not, I just want to lay out anything that I have done and maybe somebody here can point out a possible issue.

Afew weeks ago I installed the php & mysql add-in along with upgrading Lightsout to the latest 1.5.1 version. I also removed MS Forepoint as my antivirus solution and installed AVG File Server Anti-Virus edition on my machine. Everything was running without any issues, there were no problems with any reboots I performed, I had no issues accessing either the console or through rdp.

Then the issues started. Lightsout would bring the machine to sleep and would attempt to wake it up. Upon wake up, the ip address was pingable but I couldn't access any shares/console/rdp sessions. I would hard reboot and after a expected long chkdsk cycle the server would be back up. This happened reasonably often enough that I thought it was time for me to refresh the OS and upgrade to v3.0.

I upgraded to v3.0 last monday. After the upgrade and the numerous patch installs & reboots I installed the following software.

Stuff I had running without any issues for ages.
- Python
- SABnzbd
- CouchPotato
- uTorrent
- Windows Server 2003 Resource Kit Tools

Stuff I installed a few weeks ago.
- PHP Addin & MySQL Addin.
- AVG Antivirus File Server Edition.

I let the machine run with the above stuff for a week constantly and there were no issues. I also never put the machine to sleep. Finally yesterday morning, I installed the LightsOut Add-in and put in a schedule for the machine to sleep and wake up. It ran fine all day yesterday, going to sleep waking back up etc, and this morning it seized up once again.

I hard rebooted and got the machine back up, I *suspect* MySql not handling sleep/wakeup gracefully and have further uninstalled both mysql & php. Does anybody here have any thoughts?

Thanks for any feedback in advance.

Gundan

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:39 am 
Founder
Founder

I think narrowing down the variables by removing add-ins one at a time is your best bet.

Thanks