It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:20 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

Post subject: Forum Update
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2022 3:19 pm 
Max Contributor
Max Contributor

Alex is there any chance we can start a few more groups? I love the community here and the information avail. I dont want to see this site ride off into the sunset. I think there is still some future in the site if we open it up a little more. There are diffrent OS's people can run and hardware, can we add some room for that? im going to start building a new server and would love some help from the site from time to time. I dont always know where things fit in the current structure. anyway its just my 2 cents and i would love to hear what others think. :TR4M: :encore:

I do wish HP would resurrect the MSS it was a great product killed off before it really took off. So much potential. maybe a product just to early.

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
 Post subject: Re: Forum Update
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:43 am 
Founder
Founder

Hey, thanks for the good words and continued contribution! To be honest I mostly just keep this site around as a resource, my personal interests have shifted to where technology is no longer my primary passion. Now I do my day job as a dev/ops type engineer and then spend my free time getting outside, hanging with the kids, yard work, mountain biking, and only occasionally take on technology projects. I don't intend to start writing articles or guides again, and the other contributors have drifted away as well. We had a good run, though, and I'm grateful for what we created!

With that said I intend to keep this site up as long as it's useful to the community and not too burdensome on me to maintain. I'm definitely open to new topics/groups as people desire them! Since I made this "Beyond WHS" it's not really had any activity, though, so not sure we have the momentum left anymore. If you have specific requests let me know and I'll do my best to implement them. :mss:

Thanks  
The following user would like to thank yakuza for this post
lioninstreet