It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:36 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:07 am 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

I'm trying to decide whether to move my WHS v1 to 2012 Server Essentials or Win 8. I'm not sure what i'm going to run in to with sharing the folders for the streamers to see (SMB currently). WHS always worked without any changes, even Win 7 can be tricky with setting the sharing properties correctly for the devices to see the files. With 2012's domain controller/AD i'm a little worried i'll never get it to work. Any thoughts for someone that might have a similar setup?

I have 2 Dune players that i stream to, but I imagine most other devices like Popcorn Hour or WDTV would be similar.

Thanks.

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:46 am 
2.5TB storage
2.5TB storage

I do not have the same setup as yours, so I can't be much helpful. But since you didn't receive any answer from others, all I can say is that I have a PS3 for streaming, and it works on essentials 2012. I heard that the streaming function in wse 2012 was be the same implementation as with whs 2011. My 2 cents.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:49 pm 
1TB storage
1TB storage

I've just acquired an EX490 and installed Server 2012 Essentials on it. I'm trying to get SMB sharing to my two Boxee Boxes working like it does on my EX470 running WHSv1.

So far no luck.

I've turned on sharing and enabled the guest account without success. There is a DLNA server that comes with Essentials that I've enabled but haven't seen any benefit for that (this may be just a Boxee thing though). It may work with my PS3 and XBOX 360 but I haven't had time to test either.

EDIT:
Just tried the PS3 and the DLNA streaming seems to be working just fine. If your player supports DLNA then using that should be as simple as installing the feature and putting your media in the appropriate storage space.

Core 2 Duo E8600 (Wolfdale)
4GB RAM

Past:
EX470
WHSv1
LE-1640 CPU
2GB RAM

Thanks