It is currently Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:02 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:00 am 

Great job and appreciate your progress updates, Ripstop; thanks for sharing your light driver too. I have not had time to do much yet, but I should have mentioned that the backup options show up after a successful backup! Even though this is an unsupported config I just can't see returning to Server 2016 or *shudder* 2012 R2. 2019 is the first time since 2011 where everything feels snappy and responsive, though my E8400 dual-core CPU and 4GB RAM is really pushing the minimum hardware limits. I still miss that magic of WHS v1, but 2019+Essentials is probably the last stop for my old EX490. Now that I've played with Windows' ReFS, Linux's BTRFS and BSD's ZFS I have found ZFS to be the best long-term data storage due to its bit-rot-resistant design. However, it REQUIRES ECC RAM (and lots of it, at least 8GB). I use my WHS for client backups, my Linux NAS for Plex Serving/transcoding and my N40L FreeNAS (BSD) for backing-up/archiving my data and the other servers. I'll give the light-drivers a shot this weekend and report back.

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!