It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:09 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:23 am 
2.0TB storage
2.0TB storage

I have noticed ever since joining the forum that the items that are flagged as being new on the main forum page do not correspond to the posts within each forum. For example, the main page this morning is showing new posts in the first 3 forums, all dated 12/23.

If I click on the little link from the main page I am brought to that new post/thread but it doesn't appear when you just go into the forum directly.

Any reason for this?

Thanks

Larry

Attachments:
File comment: This is showing the main page with the dates showing Dec 23.
main page.jpg
main page.jpg [ 66.06 KiB | Viewed 14112 times ]
File comment: Now in the General Forum which clearly shows there should be a new post based on the above, but there isn't a new post for Dec 23.
general.jpg
general.jpg [ 54.57 KiB | Viewed 14112 times ]

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:38 pm 
2.5TB storage
2.5TB storage

spdrcr5 wrote:
I have noticed ever since joining the forum that the items that are flagged as being new on the main forum page do not correspond to the posts within each forum. For example, the main page this morning is showing new posts in the first 3 forums, all dated 12/23.

If I click on the little link from the main page I am brought to that new post/thread but it doesn't appear when you just go into the forum directly.

Any reason for this?

Thanks

Larry

Yes, you do not understand how the forum displays threads and the power that moderators have. Very basically you are not scrolling down far enough... That little strange symbol at the beginning of a thread, indicates that the moderator has "Stuck" it at the head of the board... Scroll down farther past the stuck threads, and you will find the new threads.....

Hope that helps.

Attachments:
general.jpg
general.jpg [ 41.05 KiB | Viewed 14106 times ]
Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:02 pm 
2.0TB storage
2.0TB storage

Teknmage wrote:
Yes, you do not understand how the forum displays threads and the power that moderators have. Very basically you are not scrolling down far enough... That little strange symbol at the beginning of a thread, indicates that the moderator has "Stuck" it at the head of the board... Scroll down farther past the stuck threads, and you will find the new threads.....

Hope that helps.

I know full well the power that Mods and Admins have... I run 5 large car forums, but I use vBulletin and am just not used to this forum software. Didn't notice the icons being different enough on the left to realize that those blobby shapes were "stickies".

We have the stickies stand out quite a bit more so they don't blend in. vB also has a "New" button that you can click on to see new posts/threads, etc. It's just a matter of getting used to this is all.

Thanks

Larry

Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:36 pm 
Founder
Founder

spdrcr5 wrote:
We have the stickies stand out quite a bit more so they don't blend in. vB also has a "New" button that you can click on to see new posts/threads, etc.

There is a "View New Posts" link in the upper-right area of the page that might provide the same view you are used to.

Thanks