It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:55 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:39 pm 
2.0TB storage
2.0TB storage

Now that would be a worthwhile software addition...a way that really works to back up and restore my Apple MacBook Pro on my HP Windows Media Smart Server!

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:26 am 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

it would be :D meanwhile, i use the rdp software from microsoft to sneak in on mine... cant work the backup that way, but its still usable as storage, streamer, photowebshare... i wonder if i could work the rdp the other way around tho, from the internet or something... that would be funny... now all i need is another software that lets you backup to a server from the client side. that probably exists, i just cant think of one, and im too lazy to google it...

so yeah, maybe that convinced you to use the little sexy box, as it convinced me...

:D Keav

P.S.: if any of yu guys could point me to a backup program that can point to a server, i'd be thankful... :d i wanna back up my g-f's mac on the server, and see if she can access it from the web (she is using mac os x ver .0.3 or something like that, i dont remember at the moment i'm at work..will edit later)

Thanks  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:49 am 
2.5TB storage
2.5TB storage

TimeMachine won't backup to a file share on a server? I know it will backup to the time capsule via network...

My backups are going to a USB drive now (WD 2x500GB running in raid.. total POS btw). I've been thinking about moving it to the MSS since I now have N speed in the house... I'll tinker with it here in a few minutes and let you know.

Confirmed, Time Machine doesn't want to backup to the MSS. However, I did a google and found a tip that requires a small USB drive and some terminal commands that will trick it into doing it.

Thanks