It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:06 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:44 am 

HI, Guys, I have WHS 2011 and wanted to beef it up so added a new CPU i7-2700k. The issue I had with this was PC would not boot until I removed a RAM module. I have messed around and now I have it booting with them in bay 2 & 4 Checked it with Speccy and the PC is seeing it so this might be ok now. At the same time, i bought SSD and cloned my HDD to SSD via Macruium Reflect. No error reported and seemed fine but now I have big issues. I set the SSD to HDD priority in bios but the computer ignores it. I also get a boot stop screen asking me to select my OS only one listed. If I select it loads fine. I have the old C: drive and tried to boot just with SSD but the I get same issue and a further on says windows os, not a valid copy and a blank screen but this is on the same PC with same hardware?????

I have reversed it and gone back to original C Drive removed SSD and I still get stop boot screen to pick the o/s but it will boot into WHS 2011. I have tried restoring to last good boot version but nothing works. As a server I need it to boot on its own correctly how can I fix this, please? Setup 1. OS Windows WHS 2011 2. CPU Intel Core i7-2700k 3. Motherboard Gigabyte GA-H67MA-USB3-B3 Intel H67 Socket 1155 8 Channel HD Audio mATX Motherboard • Chipset Intel® H67 Express Chipset • Intel Core i7 i5 and i3 LGA1155 package • 4 x 1.5V DDR3 DIMM sockets supporting up to 32 GB of system memory • Dual channel memory architecture • Support for DDR3 1333/1066/800 MHz memory modules • Support for non-ECC memory modules 4. Case Coolermaster Elite 330 Black Mid Tower Case • M/B Type microATX or ATX • 3.5" Drive Bays 1 (exposed), 5 (hidden) • Expansion Slots 7 • Power Supply Standard ATX PS2 5. Power Supply Coolermaster Elite Power 500W Fully Wired Efficient Power Supply 6. Memory Corsair 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1333MHz Memory Kit Unbuffered CL9

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:59 am 
Max Contributor
Max Contributor

all I can tell you is on win 8 and above.
I did the same thing cloned a ssd from my original drive and found that windows looks for specific drivers but does not indicate what drivers so it would not run. In fact I got the blue screen of death.
I had to reinstall a fresh win 8 on the ssd. So it would load the needed drivers
as to your last comment.
I can only assume that something in bios still thinks it is the ssd, like ahci is still turned on.
try setting bios to load defaults.???????

Dune HD Connect
Rasberry PI OSMC(KODI)
ReadyNAS RN316
Amazon FireStick
Amazon ECHO
AnyDvD
MyMovies

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 10:24 am 
Max Contributor
Max Contributor

Sorry to hear your having problems. My 2 cents.....
1) A lot of of motherboards depending on what type ram you use will only let you populate 2 slots 1-3 or 2-4. That would be kind of normal.
2) Motherboards that are older (didn't look yours up) may have problems playing nice with ssd. Sometimes a bios update will help, sometimes ya just need to replace for a newer motherboard. I have had to replace a couple when the ssd first came out and one a bios update fixed.
3) your cloning software, I have not used it, I have heard of it and have heard a lot of successes with it, but i use farstone and have had no problems cloning spinner to ssd.
This is the "Free for home use" version...
http://www.farstone.com/download/DCFree-11-GM-ML.exe
4) bios settings, Aaaahhhh that would be a trial and error thing, been their / done that not fun....

In conclusion, I a big fan of just formatting and reloading the OS and starting over, Windows being such a pain at some point I will just give up and reload.
That being said, if your setup has had extensive configuration that you really don't want to have to re-create, then trying to get the clone to work might be worth it. Only you can decide that.

Hope this helps, let us know how you are doing, it might help others...
Good Luck

:twisted: Fear the Cloud :twisted:

Thanks