It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:40 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:29 pm 
2.0TB storage
2.0TB storage

Thought I had retired my Mediasmart 470 until I tried backing up my first two clients on my HP N54L Micro.
all seems to go well until 30% approx., then I get a Drivebender popup or, rather popups as they tend to breed until there are 20 or so of the same one under another, about port 9885. whichever button I press in the dialogue box, nothing happens. I have opened port 9885 on the server and client but no joy. Have turned the NOD32 antivirus off and am only running Drivebender and Mezzmo though the latter is currently doing nothing.

The first client I thought backed up a few weeks ago though having checked today it missed out the C drive but did the D drive (no data on there currently) and the other very small partition.

Things seemed to become worse when I added a second client today although the popup symptom is the same for both pcs.

So, where do I start please? Take both clients off and reload the connector software, load the latest update of Drivebender and hope it sorts or .......?

Just wondering, when I transferred all my data across from the old server the new one was a bit fussy about all my program files whereas everything else copied easily.

Think all the necessary services are running; some were not earlier after some updates but seemed OK after a restart.

as you can gather, have not a clue where to start and have googled the issue to no avail.
Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp please!

Thanks,
Mike.

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:41 pm 
2.0TB storage
2.0TB storage

JUST GOT BSOD AT 33% and think this was the second time.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:45 pm 
Max Contributor
Max Contributor

I have drivebender, bought it a couple years ago. I have used it on a win2012essentials test load and it worked fine.
All I could offer is go back to the beginning, backup your data, reload win2011 on your server, add your drives that have been formatted and checked good, add them to the drivebender pool then move all your share folders to the driverbender pool, start loading the connector on all your clients, I would hold off on any other software until you have confirmed everything is cool.

That's my 2 cents. I am a reloader, most of the time it is quicker and a whole lot easier and I sleep better knowing it's a clean load..
Now, when you say blue screen, that is normally a hardware problem, memory, cpu, drivers, etc.
It's going to be a process of elimination, has anything changed? did it work before a change? etc etc.
Good luck

:twisted: Fear the Cloud :twisted:

Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:45 am 
2.0TB storage
2.0TB storage

Thanks Gardian.
Will act on that. What you suggest is what I did in the first place although I appreciate things can go wrong.
I set up with brand new machine and three new 2tb drives then added Drivemender, Mezzmo and ESET NOD32 antivirus.
The only hardware added is a usb soundcard through a dell monitor with a 4 usb integral hub.
Last week I loaded just under 2tb of data, as mentioned, WHS 2011 was a bit fussy about copying my program data which had resided happily on my mediasmart EX470.
This morning I wake up to:

Software exception (0Xe0434352)

occurred in the application

at Location 0xfdc19e5d
Am Googling this currently. Have restarted and dashboard opens OK.
messages from two failed automatic backups: Backup did not succeed. Backup did not start.
Mystery!
Thanks,
Mike.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:39 am 
2.0TB storage
2.0TB storage

Reply from Drivebender:
Hi Mike,

There is a known issue with the v1.8.6.0 driver, please update to v1.9.1.0.

If it happens again, please forward the minidump files. There is a file that captures the BSOD event, this is located in "C:\Windows\Minidump". Can you please send in the latest file.

Personally, wonder why they sold this with problems then just a few weeks ago.
Not sure what the minidump files will tell them.
Currently backing up all my data again on the HP Micro as I think usb to usb will be fastest to restore, if necessary, in the end.
Will then install the latest Drivebender but I have read of bugs in that too!!
in my bones I can feel a reinstall of WHS coming on by necessity.

Any further suggestions welcomed.

Thanks.

Mike.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:37 pm 
Max Contributor
Max Contributor

For the life on me I can't think why drivebender would have anything to do with a port [port 9885] that boggles me.
Port in this case sounds like it is referring to data moving on the network (presume from the backup) and having a problem with that port number for some weird reason.
My gut is telling me get rid of that virus scanner, but as long as your backing up your data its just process of elimination.
The other thing you might try is a direct connect to one of the server/clients and see if a backup works, that would take the router out of the loop.
Goodluck. It's going to be something weird when you find it. :-)

:twisted: Fear the Cloud :twisted:

Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:26 am 
2.0TB storage
2.0TB storage

Thanks for your suggestions Gardian.
Am loading the new drivebender today having backed up data and will take it form there.
Can turn off the anti virus easily enough.
Have never connected pc direct to server; do I need to follow ad hoc connection wizard on cleint??
Do I need a special cable?
Please advise.
Thanks,
Mike.
Just trying manual backup.

Success; now to try another client and try one with antivirus on first I reckon.

Last edited by mikefarnham on Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:59 am 
2.0TB storage
2.0TB storage

Just switched the antivirus off and installed latest Drivebender.

In dashboard have just noticed I had a successful wake up machine backup last night. Now............whether that was showing before Drivebender reinstall and turning anti virus off I will never know although when I looked at the server beforehand the port 9885 popup was showing!

Success; now to try another client and try one with antivirus on first I reckon.

This worked too. On to another client next.

Thanks