It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:35 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:18 am 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

Hello,

I recently had a hard drive die in my ex495 and thought I would upgrade whs to 2011. I have a new 3tb drive in there with whs 2011 installed. We tried to watch movies both from a popbox and a wdtv both of which were choppy. We never had this issue prior to the crash. Anyone have any ideas what might be going on and how to fix it?

Thanks.

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:25 pm 

I don't have a Popbox but I have the last 2 versions of the WDTV the first has a 10/100 Nic the other with a gigabit NIC. All my media is stored on a WHS2011 server. The only time I noticed any issue streaming content was when I tried to stream a Blu-Ray MKV file with the 1st WDTV device that has the 10/100 Nic other than that I have never experienced any issues unless the actual video file was not properly ripped. The newer WDTV box works well but the older unit is simpler to use with an ugly GUI.

Your server and mine are quite different hardware wise. I have yet to install any hard drive larger than 2TB even though my hardware will support the larger drives. While this is unrelated its still worth mentioning that some users have reported issues with the larger hard drives even though they formatted them GPT. Not quite sure if you are using this format or split the 3tb drive into 2 partitions. I would be curious about the affect of the 3tb drive and so is it possible to temporarily remove it to see what if any difference the 3tb drive might have on your servers ability to stream content to your media extenders.

Migrated from WHS2011 to WS2012E: HIGHLANDER

~ Norco 4220 Enclosure
~ Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5
~ AMD Phenom II X4 995 3.2 GHz
~ 8 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
~ 3 Supermicro AOC-SASLP-MV8

Thanks