It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:37 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:44 am 
2.0TB storage
2.0TB storage

I have followed the installations instructions I found at:

http://computingondemand.com/filezilla- ... er-on-whs/

Everything looks good on the server end. But, when I test it using one of those ftp testing sites, it fails. It enters into passive mode and then fails the listing test (I guess that's what it is).

I am sure it's something pretty simple, but I've not been able to figure it out. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

Attachments:
ftptest.jpg
ftptest.jpg [ 99.54 KiB | Viewed 8291 times ]
Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:54 pm 
2.0TB storage
2.0TB storage

Under passive mode settings you need to forward the custom ports range in your router.

Had similar problems until I did that.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:51 pm 
2.0TB storage
2.0TB storage

Thanks for the reply. I have done that for both tcp and udp on ports 21 and the custom port as specified in that guys write up.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:16 am 
2.0TB storage
2.0TB storage

ossodiseppia wrote:
Thanks for the reply. I have done that for both tcp and udp on ports 21 and the custom port as specified in that guys write up.

One other thing, on my router (wndr3700 w/gargoyle firmware) I had to use the Port Range forwarding option, not the port forward option, even though it has an option to specify an ending port.

One other thing: you also have to stop the default FTP server in WHS otherwise it conficts.
RDP to server, click start, all programs, administrative tools, Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.
Expand server entry until you see default FTP site. Right click and select stop.

Hope it helps.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:48 am 
2.0TB storage
2.0TB storage

580guy wrote:
One other thing, on my router (wndr3700 w/gargoyle firmware) I had to use the Port Range forwarding option, not the port forward option, even though it has an option to specify an ending port.

I have used a range on the port forward.

580guy wrote:
One other thing: you also have to stop the default FTP server in WHS otherwise it conficts.
RDP to server, click start, all programs, administrative tools, Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.
Expand server entry until you see default FTP site. Right click and select stop.

I'm running WHS SP2, not WHS 2003 or whatever is newer. My Server is an un-upgraded EX470. I don not see FTP in IIS Manager.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:08 am 
2.0TB storage
2.0TB storage

Can you access your ftp from within your network? ie: 192.168.1.xxx instead of using the DNS address? If so, may point to router or server firewall if you use it on WHS.

sorry I am not too familiar with previous versions of WHS V1. EX495 is my first server.

I also used the same article you referred to in your first post to set up mine. There are some comments and suggestions listed at the bottom of the article which might be helpful.

Will post back here if I can think of anything else. Hopefully some other EX470 users might chime in here!

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:27 am 
2.0TB storage
2.0TB storage

I think I'm ok. It finally passed the test. I'm not sure what I missed/fixed, but it's working. It may have been on the port forwarding end, firewall or both. It's all good in the hood. :banana:

Thanks a million for the help.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:42 pm 
2.0TB storage
2.0TB storage

ossodiseppia wrote:
I think I'm ok. It finally passed the test. I'm not sure what I missed/fixed, but it's working. It may have been on the port forwarding end, firewall or both. It's all good in the hood. :banana:

Thanks a million for the help.

Sure thing! Glad you got it going!

Thanks