It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:45 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:27 pm 
2.0TB storage
2.0TB storage

Colleagues,

I have a problem with a computer running Windows Home Server 2011 in that it doesn't recognize the router. The strange thing is that I can RDP into it without any issues. However, the reason I need the router to be recognized is that I used this computer as a media server for Xbox Live and right now I cannot use it because the Xbox cannot see the server.

Has anyone come across this issue or know of anything I have to do to resolve it?

Best regards.

NZXT Classic H2, Cooler Master Silent Pro M600, Gigabyte GA-H67M-D2-B3, Intel Core i5-2310, Crucial 16GB; System: 1 128GB 840 Pro Series; Data: 1 Seagate 3TB Barracuda, 2 Samsung 2TB EcoGreen F4 HD204UI; Backup: 1 Hitachi 500GB Deskstar, 1 Hitachi 2TB

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:05 am 
Founder
Founder

What do you mean the server "doesn't recognize the router"? Are you unable to setup remote access? Do you have media streaming enabled on the server? Can you stream to other devices besides the Xbox?

Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:32 pm 
2.0TB storage
2.0TB storage

Yakuza,

Hi, yes, I can stream to other clients, as a matter of fact all other clients see the network, and I should have said network and not router. The icon on the system tray says I am connected to "Network 2" the connection is good but it should be able to say the name I gave the network.

Thanks for your assistance.

NZXT Classic H2, Cooler Master Silent Pro M600, Gigabyte GA-H67M-D2-B3, Intel Core i5-2310, Crucial 16GB; System: 1 128GB 840 Pro Series; Data: 1 Seagate 3TB Barracuda, 2 Samsung 2TB EcoGreen F4 HD204UI; Backup: 1 Hitachi 500GB Deskstar, 1 Hitachi 2TB

Thanks