It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:37 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

Post subject: Launch Pad Connection
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:54 am 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

Hello everyone!

A few weeks back I had a issue with my ex490 which I had been running for a few years, come to find out that the stock segate drive went bad, due to drive extender and the people on this fourm I was able to recover the data! :)

After the experience I decided it was time for me to build my own server. I went with a silverstone case, 4x 2tb drives,seasonic 500watt ps(green edition), win home server 2011, amd fx quad core chip, 8gb of ram, and g data internet home security server. So far the machine has been great, much better experience than my previous setup - even transfer speeds are up from 15mbs with my previous hp490 are now around 175-200mbs with the new build.

The only issue I'm having is that one of my laptops refuses to connect with the launch pad which gives the server health readings etc. The Dashboard works fine but the launch pad will not, one error that I got was that the smsvchost.exe has stopped working. After doing some research I found it is related to the .net framework and I've since tried re-installing 3.5 and 4.0 and neither changed the outcome I also turned off the firewall as well. As I said it works from the other 3 machines on my network just this laptop which is a Sager p8180 running Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit. Any suggestions or help would be MUCH appreciated! :)

TIA!!

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!