It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:50 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

Post subject: Recovering deleted files
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 8:53 am 

So I was moving a large amount of video recordings yesterday from one drive to another, and accidentally deleted a directory full of recorded tv (\Imported TV\*) that had about a dozen sub-directories in it for each show, and then of course a season sub directory structure below that.

I have not written anything to the drive since the accidental deletion. I've loaded up several tools (Recuva, Disk Digger, DiskInternals Uneraser) and none of them are able to find the actual video files. I have found all the directory structures, .xml files for show/series info, image files for fanart/poster/banner images. But the actual video files (.mpg, .ts, .tivo) are missing.

Is there anything I can do to get these back? I dont know why they are not found even with a deep scan, as they were there, and nothing has been written to the disk that I am aware of.

Appreciate any suggestions!

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:55 pm 

Were you able to get any help on this? I've posted something similar just today and haven't had any responses yet. It seems that recovering data with typical programs/utilities seems to be a bit challenging - at least with WHS v1.

I'm hoping for a reply on my post - but this forum seems to be pretty quiet right now.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:10 pm 
Founder
Founder

Kirby, another I've run across but not tried is http://www.officerecovery.com/freeundelete/. Unfortunately I don't have any other suggestions for you.

toddac, I'll look for your other post.

Thanks