It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:43 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 1:26 am 
1.5TB storage
1.5TB storage

I just built and installed a WHS2011 server on an hp 40NL server. Everything seems to have gone ok, however, when I go to install the connector on my computers, it won't allow me to complete this task as I already have a WHS v1 connector installed and connected to the WHS v1 server.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought you could have more than one home server on the network. Am I missing something here? I was planning on using the connection to port all of my data over from WHS v1 to WHS2011 while connected to both.

Any ideas?

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 9:07 am 
Founder
Founder

It's been a while since I've tried this but maybe you can re-install the v1 connector after the WHS 2011 connector is installed. Also, you don't need the Connector installed to access the network shares.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 11:02 am 
1.5TB storage
1.5TB storage

Ah... good suggestions both..

Thanks

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 8:05 am 
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

yakuza wrote:
It's been a while since I've tried this but maybe you can re-install the v1 connector after the WHS 2011 connector is installed. Also, you don't need the Connector installed to access the network shares.

You would also have to make sure that patch KB981089 is NOT installed or else it will prevent you from reinstalling the WHSv1 connector.

Check Add/Remove programs, installed updates. and tick the show installed updates. If it's there then uninstall. You will have to reboot. Then go back to Windows Updates, check for updates , it will find the KB981089 again, so mark the update as hidden to prevent a future install.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 8:11 am 
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Diehard wrote:
yakuza wrote:

You would also have to make sure that patch KB981089 is NOT installed or else it will prevent you from reinstalling the WHSv1 connector.

Check Add/Remove programs, installed updates. and tick the show installed updates. If it's there then uninstall. You will have to reboot. Then go back to Windows Updates, check for updates , it will find the KB981089 again, so mark the update as hidden to prevent a future install.

Diehard knows what he is talking about.
And I had to google for hours before, I found Diehards fix in another forum.

4GB Mushkin Ram
TR4MB eSata Enclosure
TR4UB USB Enclosure
Netgear WNDR3700
UPS APC 1500 XS LCD

Thanks