It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:14 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:22 pm 

Hi all,

I have an EX495 huming along with WHS1 to be used for SageTV, MyMovies, Playon and HD PVR. Life is good and it works - WAF is high.

Unfortunately, the HP Homeserver line is discontinued and WHS1 OS likewise - ultimately, there will be a life after EX495 and WHS1. Therefore, I have started building a test rig to get familiar with a potential EX495 replacement, namely, the HP Microserver N40L based on OS WHS 2011. I have DrivePool addin to compensate for lack of DE and it seems to do the trick - loaded with 4 TB of movies no issues at all. So far, I have SageTV and http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56541 MyMovies working like a charm.

My issue I that I cannot get the N40L to wake up WOL from the magic sent from my SageTV HD300 extender. It continues to sleep, ZZZzzzz! However, I also have PC Monitor installed on the server and from there I can WOL (LAN and WAN) without issues. I have been experimenting with the WOL settings on the network driver under Device Manager at no avail.

Any ideas why WOL can wake the server from PC Monitor but not from my SageTV Extender?

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!