It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:47 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:58 pm 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

I was having the connector issue that many folks seem to be experiencing with Win7. I actually put the drive with WHS 2011 aside for awhile and dropped back to WHS v1. I figured I would give it another go. I noticed my time zone on WHS 2011 was not set properly, so this is what I did:
1: Fixed time zone on WHS 2011
2: Enured all fixes were applied to server (Windows Update)
3: Ensured all fixes were installed on clients (Windows Update)
4: Turned IPv6 off on router

I rebooted the client and ran the connector install. This worked! It actually worked on 4 of my 5 clients. I don't know which of these fixed the issue, but I'm thinking it is probably some combination. I hope this helps others with the issue they are experiencing.

On to the issue with the 5th client. This is a laptop I use for work. It seems to be installing the connector software correctly until I get to about 95% complete...then the progress bar starts backing down and the log file says there is an unexpected error. I can see the machine was added to the server in 'Backups'. I'm thinking it has something to do with the domain the machine is part of (the work domain). Or maybe it's the user name, which looks like {DOMAIN\username}.

I saw a post that mentioned a fix with the HOSTS file (a dummy entry was added that fixed the issue), but it wasn't clear to me what I would need to add, and in what format, from the post.

If anyone can help with the issue, I would appreciate it.
Thanks.

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:21 pm 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

Has anyone connected a client that typically connects to a different domain to their WHS 2011? I'mlooking for anyting that gives meaclue at how to get my work client connected. When I was running WHS v1, it conneted just fine. Now the newer connector fails just as the progress bargets to the end and it starts backing down. Any help, clues, or words of encouragement are greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:26 am 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

[SOLVED]
After reading MANY, MANY "We Got Served" posts, I found a reference to a service that is needed for Launchpad to install.

I started SERVICES.MSC and saw that "Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service" was DISABLED in my 'work supplied' laptop configuration.

I set it to automatic and started the service. I rebooted and re-ran the connector install and it worked!

Hopefully this will help others.
JJ

Thanks