It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:46 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:05 am 
2.0TB storage
2.0TB storage

i added a host entry on my win7 laptop for the whs 2011 server... connector installed fine after two failed attempts

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:40 am 

My last (6 year old laptop) was a real pain.

The installer crashed on starting (so not the usual two errors).

I tried to run a left over of another installation (the unpacked installer), but that failed too, until I added the registries keys from a machine that ran the same OS (WinXP). After that I was able to start the unpacked msi installer (commandline is in one of the log files).

But now it ended it the installer not being able to find the server (I could not determine the options to supply to the msi installer) and doing a rollback. Note that there are versions for x86 and x64 and they differ for each OS it seems. Even when you click the download link you seem to be returns a customized version.

As there where many left-overs could even uninstall what was left over (killed the installer when starting the rollback, some services could be started, others stalled) and even saw the machine's entry on my server (but stil grayed out).

When I finally decided to leave it, I ran the download execuatble installer one more time and to my suprise I it ran and ended up with one of the more 'usual' error messages and was finally able to install.

Not something to reproduce but I finally managed to get my last machine working!

Thanks