It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:37 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:43 am 

I’ve been trying to integrate Calibre Content Server (Ebook management) with Windows Home Server 2011.

WHS 2011 has default web sites of “Site” which does not require authentication and “Remote” which does require authentication.

To begin with I created a folder “Calibre” under “Sites” and the created the necessary rules in (IIS) URL Rewrite as detailed in the Calibre manual.
When I browse to “xxx.homeserver.com/calibre” I get the Calibre Content Server page, everything works fine and I can browse by Publisher, Authors, All Books etc.

This is great for internal home use but to enable access from the web, users need to be authenticated.

To achieve this I moved the “Site\Calibre” directory to “Remote\Calibre” and adjusted the URL Rewrite rules to match.
I can now browse to “xxx.homeserver.com/remote” remotely and log on to the WHS.
When I browse to “xxx.homeserver.com/remote/calibre” I get the Calibre Content Server home page and I can browse by Authors, Ratings, Publishers, Tags and Series as before.

… however when I try to browse to All Books or Newest I get an “Error:parseerror” message.

Looking through the Calibre Content Server logs I can see when I’m accessing the server via “ Site\Calibre” there is a POST entry among all the GET’s

When accessing the site via “Remote\Calibre” the POST entry is missing.

This seems to suggest that the issue is tied up with IIS Forms Authentication when using the “Remote” directory.

Anyone got any ideas of how I might resolve this?

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!