It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:31 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:37 am 
1.5TB storage
1.5TB storage

Hi folks,

So upgraded my EX495 a few years ago + also installed WHS2011. It was an absolute nightmare to source an installation disk/license for 2011 so I eventually ended up having to go for a German package, as could not locate any English ones. I had to translate every page when installing!

Had a good few years service out of WHS2011. However, recently, it started to get buggy. I've spent hours on the phone with M$ - the last position was that we needed to repair the installation due to various services being corrupt. He wasn't happy when he found a German installation disk and said he couldn't continue with this. Ironically, he also said that he couldn't source an English disk image (I have a licence, just the wrong language various installation disks!). He suggested that I try and source my own English copy + he will do likewise - I have a feeling he may just forget to try too hard to try + source that disk!

So - I realise this may look a bit dodgy, but can anyone provide an .iso image of the English installation disk (need the repair function)? I'm happy to send pictures (with date) to verify that I do have the original disk and a licence! Also happy to buy you a beer for your troubles, as ripping burning isos can take a while.

Did find some on Torrents sites, but wary of that - not wanting a hacked OS!

Do hope someone can help as stuck with a dying server at the moment.

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:45 am 
Max Contributor
Max Contributor

Here is one on ebay:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Microsoft-Windows-Home-Server-2011-64bit-System-Builder-DVD-WHS-10-USERS-/222036064763?hash=item33b26179fb:g:UXQAAOSwPc9W0hTx

Here is a online store:
http://www.mskeystore.com/windows-home-server-2011-key-p-29.html

Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Windows-Home-Server-2011/dp/B0050TVAWS/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

It's still out there, won't be for long......
Good Luck

:twisted: Fear the Cloud :twisted:

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:44 pm 
1.5TB storage
1.5TB storage

Thanks Gardian, but I have purchased it already. At the time of purchase, I couldn't find an English copy for love nor money. Hence my predicament.

I'm not looking to fork out again for it - nor am I looking to buy another licence. Really, I'm looking for some kind soul with an image to wing it my way - if MS support can't find a digital download for it - doubt I'm going to be able to either!

Nothing illegal - all kosha - as above - happy to send proof of licence if needed.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:11 pm 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

I've seen some (illegal) torrents for it too... Just saying ;-) I think the licenses are hardware-activated, so I don't think you have to enter license information at any time...

Devnullius

Thanks  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:06 pm 
1.5TB storage
1.5TB storage

devnullius wrote:
I've seen some (illegal) torrents for it too... Just saying ;-) I think the licenses are hardware-activated, so I don't think you have to enter license information at any time...

Devnullius

Yeah - want to steer clear of torrents images - who knows what kinda hacks they could be carrying.

Not sure what you mean by hardware activated - I recall having to enter my product/activation code during the OS install.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:56 pm 
1.5TB storage
1.5TB storage

Damn - so on a forum totally dedicated to WHS - there's hardly anyone able to help?

Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:48 am 
Founder
Founder

WHS has been dead for years, there's very few people left using it. Also, you're posting in the WHS v1 forum but it sounds like you want WHS2011, which is it?

Thanks  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:03 am 
Max Contributor
Max Contributor

I guess I have lived in the dark a long time, I did not realize there were single language OS'es.
WHS v1 registered by bios, I believe whs 2011 needed a coa key.

Sorry, Hopefully Microsoft will be able to help you, that would be the legit way to get it. Or buy another now that you know you like it, the price of whs 2011 was very cheap compared to most OS'es.
You may have to get the translator out and do a recovery with the disk you have....
Good Luck

Thanks  
The following user would like to thank Gardian for this post
devnullius
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:55 am 
1.5TB storage
1.5TB storage

@yakuza - oopps - my bad - it is whs2011 - any way to get this moved rather than double posting?

@gardian - thanks, but another £100 is a bit beyond my reach. Well, microsoft never rang back.... after hours and hours of trying and their eventually giving up. In the absece of any decent product support from MS; help for the user community or viable digital downloads, it may very well be the german translation service! Risky business...

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 6:28 pm 
Max Contributor
Max Contributor

I use google translate more then i would like. But it work pretty good.
I would just spring for another copy, but I buy 2tb reds 2-3 at a wack for spares.

Good Luck

Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:39 pm 
1.5TB storage
1.5TB storage

Doing a fresh install with an English copy. We'll see how we go...

Thanks