It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:27 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:20 pm 
2.5TB storage
2.5TB storage

After building myself a new WHS 2011, I found that my Win7 machine would not backup on the new server properly. Backups would get to 1% and then fail. I tried everything to make it work. I checked to make sure that backup services were running on the server and the client. They were. Un-installed and re-installed the connector. No Joy!

I was at a loss to understand why these backups were failing, because the backup of the same machine on the EX470 never had a problem. After some Google searching, I found this:

http://blogs.technet.com/b/tlyons/archive/2013/05/15/my-windows-home-server-2011-backups-failed-but-i-fixed-it-with-some-help.aspx

Turns out that the UEFI BIOS on my Win7 machine caused the problem. Microsoft has issued a hotfix that resolves the problem.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2781272/EN-US

You have to give them your email address before they will email you a link to download the hotfix. Just wanted to pass this on to everyone in case someone else was having the same problem. :mrgreen:

Thanks  
The following user would like to thank Mach1 for this post
EricE, yakuza

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!