It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:46 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:51 pm 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

I've been playing around with WHS 2011 since November (haven't activated it yet)... I finally picked up some new hardware to start my build I still have the few bugs to work out that I had when testings. :(

My server backup usually fails once per day (I don't have any physical clients setup yet). 12:30am fails, 4:00pm no problems!?!

When I had a VM client (with Win 7) it had problems backing up too...

My backup drive is WD 2TB Green Drive, server hard drive is WD 500MB Black Drive. I wonder if the 2TB is failing to wake up?

Remote Access isn't happy unless UPnP is enabled. I can still access the server remotely with only ports forwarded but it still complains that there a problem with remote access... :crazy: I rather not have UPnP enabled only the least amount of ports like I could do with WHS v1. I see that you need port 80 now to access the server where with v1 you didn't. ](*,) I have these ports forwarded 80,443, 4125 & 3389.

Anyone having similar problems? :cheers:

So far I like WHS 2011 (under $50 is a steal), streaming media at work is fun too and I can't access my v1 at work anymore (RDP) so I do from 2011! :lol:

I'll add my new spec to my sig soon. :whs:

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:58 pm 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

So there's a new tab in the Server Manager "Windows Server Backup". It will give you more detail as to why your backup failed, which is helpful.

My backups actually completed it was just two files that couldn't be backed up that caused the error message... :crazy:

I also found three empty 1.5TB drives from my original WHS build so I added them this week and have them in a Raid 5 from the Disk Management tab. Moving the shared folders over to that was pretty painless (I wasn't sure how that would work out)...

Testing continues! :whs:

Attachments:
WHS2011_backup.png
WHS2011_backup.png [ 46 KiB | Viewed 4680 times ]

Thanks  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:10 pm 
Founder
Founder

Thanks for sharing your experience, glad it's working well for you so far.

Thanks