It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:07 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:12 am 
1.5TB storage
1.5TB storage

I've just installed DropBox on my WHS2011 to test it out.

1. Install
Downloaded version 1.2.49 of from the official web page and copied the installer to my server. I installed the program and selected a Server Folder as the DropBox folder.

2. Configure
I went into Preferences and unchecked "Start Dropbox on system startup"

3. Test
I dropped something into the DropBox folder and made sure it was sync'd to my desktop PC and the DropBox web site.

4. Schedule
I started Task Scheduler, selected "Create Task", called the new task "DropBoxService", selected "Run whether user is logged on or not", and under "Configure for" selected "Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2".
- Under the Triggers tab I clicked New and selected "Begin the task At startup".
- Under the Actions tab I clicked New and selected "Start a program" and navigated to "C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Dropbox\bin\" to select Dropbox.exe
- I checked the Conditions tab.
- Under the Settings tab I unchecked "Stop the task if it runs longer than: 3 days".
- When I clicked OK the system asked me for my administration password, which I entered. I confirmed the task "DropBoxService" was running, and rebooted my server to test it.

Dropped a file into the DropBox folder and confirmed it was sych'd between system.

Thanks  
The following user would like to thank morpheus.dreaming for this post
bkI8c, Cougar, yakuza

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!