It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:07 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:04 am 

I've just set up remote access on my WHS 2011 box. It's working well so far, but can anyone explain why I can see video folders and all their background and folder jpgs as well as my photo folders in the Browse Pictures view? I simply don't get it. The Pictures server folder is baked into WHS whether you want it or not, so you'd think Microsoft would have no problem limiting Browse Pictures to image files within it and not let other stuff leak in. Just to be absolutely clear, my movie files and all metadata are stored in their own folders, nowhere near Pictures. My photos are all stored in organised folders, all of which are in Pictures. What could possibly go wrong? I have gathered from wider reading that DLNA/uPnP leaves a lot to be desired, but this is verging on the ridiculous.

*Edit* Oops. Mods, please move to the appropriate WHS 2011 section of the forum. Thanks.

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:52 am 
Founder
Founder

Moving the topic to WHS 2011 forum.

I noted this very annoying issue not quite two years ago: http://www.mediasmartserver.net/2010/04 ... nd-review/

Quote:
One of the biggest frustrations for me is that all my media is mixed up (combined) when displayed by the Vail media streamer, meaning that my Album Art from my Music share is showing up in the Pictures stream. I find this to be quite annoying and it makes the Photo streaming feature pretty much useless. I’ll be advocating very strongly for more configuration options for media management in the shipping version of Vail.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:43 am 

Looks like you didn't get your wish! Two years ago! A shame there's no solution for this after nearly a year of the full release of WHS 2011.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:37 pm 
Uber Moderator
Uber Moderator

Well MS listened, but have "postponed" a fix for it, vote it up here to raise the profile more.

Thanks