It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:52 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:26 am 

System: HP MSS EX490 4X1TB HDD (1 single w system and 3 in a RAID 5 config) 4GB RAM Inten E5700 CPU WHS 2011 :sanjuan:

Being somewhat close to a noob on Windows systems i tried in vain to get the dashboard backup wizard to accept backing up my system to a network share ](*,) Then, by chance, i stumbled upon an option in disk manager, under properties of my RAID Volume. There the interface to Windows Server Backup is more flexible as it allows for backups to network shares.

So now i backup my system every night :banana: And hte good part is that it shows in the dashboard, its just not possible tto configure in the dashboard. Question is; is this by design or is it just a flaw?

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:41 am 
Founder
Founder

It is my understanding that Server Backup is a feature of SBS 2008 (the base OS for WHS 2011) and that the dashboard functionality offers only a subset of the features that the full server backup offers. I'm glad you found a way to get your backups working and thanks for sharing the solution. :mss:

Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:11 pm 

Great job. I looked into this and will wait and see if everything goes according to schedule.

Thanks again for the info.

Thanks