It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:10 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:27 pm 
1.5TB storage
1.5TB storage

I finally was able to upgrade my EX470 to Windows home server 2011. Had a main issue when trying to enable the domain registration part in remote access.. it was failing again and again.. and apparently the issue was that my machine and server time was not in sync with windows live i guess. Syncing time to time.nist.gov had some 5 mins difference and after that all worked fine.

Now i have an issue that i could not solve yet, i have 2 PCs and 1 laptop. Now my pcs are home workgroup joined and were added without any issue.

But my laptop is on my work joined domain. but at home get the same subnet ip as my other home machines. and my laptop was working fine with my old WHS v1 without any issue.

but now when the new connect app starts installing, it fails with "Unknown error has occured" and bail out without installing anything. i can ping the server using ip4 and ip5 address but when trying by name.. it doesnt go through because it adds my office network suffix at the end. i dont know if that is the issue.

Secondy i want to know what to use in replace of MSS fan. i have my processor upgraded and it heats up without fans being fast

thanks

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:15 pm 

To answer your 2nd question just look for the highest CFM rated 80mm fans you can find. For the time being you may want to just put a small 4" Fan in front of the server and blow air into the front of it. They can be found at Walgreens and Target for under $10.

One other thing worth mentioning is the fans in the MSS are on Silicone Mounts and can easily be removed by sliding them to one side or the other. The top and bottom fans slide out in opposite directions but to remove them you will need to extract the backplane and be very careful when you do because some have broken off the capacitors doing so.

If your creative you can install a 60mm fan in the front of your EX470 and there is a FAN header available to use in the front of the motherboard.

Migrated from WHS2011 to WS2012E: HIGHLANDER

~ Norco 4220 Enclosure
~ Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5
~ AMD Phenom II X4 995 3.2 GHz
~ 8 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
~ 3 Supermicro AOC-SASLP-MV8

Thanks  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:38 am 
1.5TB storage
1.5TB storage

Thanks for the update.. well so far my server has not shut down due to heat up so fingers crossed.

But good news is that i managed to fix the issue on my laptop..

the issue was that NetTcpPortSharing service was not getting started on my machine due to bad registry settings. http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums ... 5a4344006d

now i went to registry and changed the valus of the entries with paths like:

\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.20506 to \Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319 (which is the latest folder there)

after this i started the connector software and all worked perfectly and my laptop is joined to the server

the way i found that NetTcpPortSharing was the issue, is by looking at the ClientDeploy.log file: http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en/w ... 5c80e761f1

I hope this helps some one.. and dont know if we can put this pointer as a troubleshooting step of the article published here (installing WHS 2011)

i love :mss:

Thanks