It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:27 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:20 pm 
2.0TB storage
2.0TB storage

REDEATH wrote:
as stated several times WHS back up wont back up this 3TB volume hence why I got 2 drives and mirrored them.

Mirroring is not backup! It's simply hardware redundancy. Backup is having multiple copies of your data that are independent of each other and mirror isn't, strictly speaking, that at all. You need to be using something like robocopy (has a very nice and effective syncronize switch) or the free version of CrashPlan to make real backup copies of your files. But mirroring is not an adequate backup strategy at all.

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:07 am 

Yes I know Mirroring is NOT BACKUP. WHS 2011 has a backup limitation of 2TB the WHS backup feature will NOT work with a drive over 2 TB so instead of getting stuck with a 3TB drive that I could not use with WHS Backup I got a second drive and Raided them to at least have some sort of data redundancy to not lose anything until I set up another solution to get around the fact that WHS 2011 will not backup a drive larger than 2TB. In the end I ended up upgrading to Windows Server Essentials 2012 which has no 2tb Drive limitation on its backup.

Thanks