It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:30 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:01 pm 
Founder
Founder

If your ISP doesn't show up in the SMTP Presets feature of Remote Notification, please list the settings here (or your ISP and I'll try to find the settings).

Please use this example format:
ISP Name: Gmail
SMTP Server Name: smtp.gmail.com
SMTP Port: 587
Use SSL: yes
Use Auth: yes

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:43 pm 
2.0TB storage
2.0TB storage

Please use this example format:
ISP Name: RoadRunner (Cincinnati, Ohio)
SMTP Server Name: smtp-server.cinci.rr.com
SMTP Port: 587
Use SSL: No
Use Auth: password

Thanks  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:52 pm 
Founder
Founder

Hmm, looks like RoadRunner uses regional settings, this would add dozens of entries into the presets file and in all honesty I'm hesitant to add them all.
http://www.realifewebdesigns.com/web-re ... warner.asp

I'll need to think about the best way to handle this...

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:48 pm 
2.0TB storage
2.0TB storage

Alex, what if you tried creating something like a routing table where you list all of the Roadrunner regional settings and let the program call the one that is used for that person's email. Then it can plug it in automatically. Lets say there are 50 different Roadrunner regional settings, list them all and have it go through them all until it comes across the proper one. It can then take these settings and plug them into the SMTP settings in RN.

Just have the person select Roadrunner and allow RN to do all of the work in the background. It might take several minutes for it to run through all choices until it came across the right one, but it's better than having you list every single RR setting in the drop down.

Just a thought. :-)

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:00 pm 
Founder
Founder

spdrcr5 wrote:
Alex, what if you tried creating something like a routing table where you list all of the Roadrunner regional settings and let the program call the one that is used for that person's email. Then it can plug it in automatically. Lets say there are 50 different Roadrunner regional settings, list them all and have it go through them all until it comes across the proper one. It can then take these settings and plug them into the SMTP settings in RN.

Just have the person select Roadrunner and allow RN to do all of the work in the background. It might take several minutes for it to run through all choices until it came across the right one, but it's better than having you list every single RR setting in the drop down.

Just a thought. :-)

How am I supposed to know which regional setting is the correct one for that person's email? :-k

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:38 pm 
2.0TB storage
2.0TB storage

yakuza wrote:
If your ISP doesn't show up in the SMTP Presets feature of Remote Notification, please list the settings here (or your ISP and I'll try to find the settings).

Verizon has changed their email settings. New settings don't work in this Add-in though. The new settings do work in Thunderbird and Android mail clients.

New Verizon email settings:
ISP Name: Verizon FIOS
SMTP Server Name: smtp.verizon.net
SMTP Port: 465
Use SSL: yes

http://www.verizon.com/support/resident ... /86782.htm

The OLD settings were:
ISP Name: Verizon
SMTP Server Name: outgoing.verizon.net
SMTP Port: 25
Use SSL: no

Verizon has been periodically notifying me to stop using their old email settings. I didn't think I had anything using the old settings but just realized I use the old 1.0.0.47 version of this Add-in. I tried to make the new settings work without success. Only the old settings work. ](*,) I decided to uninstall this old version and install the current version of the Add-in figuring this would resolve the issue. The current version of the Add-in has a preset for Verizon but the preset contains the old settings Verizon doesn't want people to use any more. I entered the new settings manually but I can not get them to work in the current version of the app either. Only the old setting verizon says not to use any more work in the current version of the app. Perhaps you can fix that and update the settings for the preset? Or perhaps there is a trick to changing the settings and then trying the test message and I'm doing something wrong? I changed the server name, port, and checked SSL then clicked apply. On the receive tab I clicked my email and clicked "Send test message"

Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:28 pm 
Founder
Founder

I don't have Verizon service so won't be able to test, but from the Verizon support page it looks like those settings should work. Make sure you are using your correct username and password. It may be helpful for me to see the specific error that is being generated. Go to the Remote Notification Settings tab, then the Advanced sub-tab, then click "Create debug zip" and send me the resulting file to "support AT remotenotification.com".

Thanks