It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:02 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: 3.0 update??
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:43 pm 
2.5TB storage
2.5TB storage

Here's a love note from HP which makes no sense. These guys are totally screwed up on this thing.
-----
Dear Customer:

At HP our products are designed, manufactured and serviced, to meet our high standards.

We apologize for the possible delay in delivery of your service; however, we are diligently working on expediting your order.

Service Order Number ########
Model # 589796-ZH1
Serial # NSN

We are striving to meet our estimated delivery date; in case where this is not met due to various reasons, an HP representative will attempt to contact you to communicate a new date and/or discuss possible alternative support solutions that could better meet your needs.

Please paste the link below into your browser to get shipment status updates and contact information:

https://warp1.external.hp.com/cso_statu ... lookup.asp

Or contact 1-800-HPINVENT, where we are always ready to serve you.

Please do not reply to this email message, it was sent from an address that is not monitored.

Sincerely,
HP Americas Consumer Support
Date: 3/1/2010
-----
I have no idea what is going on here. Any one else get this message? :evil: :evil: :evil:

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:52 pm 
2.5TB storage
2.5TB storage

A little more...

I can't believe how jacked up HP is on this. Got an email today saying 3.0 is not available yet and they have NO shipping date. Tossed around to "4" "customer service reps on the phone. HP doesn't know the first thing about customer service. I paid for overnight after ordering on the 24th of Feb. Supposed to be in my hands on the 1st. No shipping date, no credit, no software no nothing. I guess HP felt like lying to customers to meet a Feb date was more important than delivering the product they promised. Really pi**ed off.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:57 pm 
Max Contributor
Max Contributor

Shoot I was told mine wouldn't be here til 3/22. An I ordered as soon as I saw the links on wegotserved.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:30 am 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

From HP

Dear Customer:

At HP our products are designed, manufactured and serviced, to meet our high standards.

We apologize for the possible delay in delivery of your service; however, we are diligently working on expediting your order.

Service Order Number # XXXXXXXX
Model # 589795-ZH1
Serial # XXXX

We are striving to meet our estimated delivery date; in case where this is not met due to various reasons, an HP representative will attempt to contact you to communicate a new date and/or discuss possible alternative support solutions that could better meet your needs.

Please paste the link below into your browser to get shipment status updates and contact information:

https://warp1.external.hp.com/cso_statu ... lookup.asp

Or contact 1-800-HPINVENT, where we are always ready to serve you.

Please do not reply to this email message, it was sent from an address that is not monitored.

Love,

HP Americas Consumer Support

XOXOXO

Date: 3/2/2010

Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:35 am 
2.5TB storage
2.5TB storage

LoL, they put hugs and kisses? XOXOXOXOXO

Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:05 pm 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

Well someone who could barley speak english called representing HP and told me my order wasnt coming till March 17th. I am so glad that I over paid substantialy for the disks on Feb. 25th. When I complained they told me to call someone else to deal with the complaints.
Keep up the great work HP, I already bought a new printer that would have been an HP Printer, but due to this screw up it is an Epson.
I also just bought a new HP laptop, that i returned to Best Buy and bought a new Sony instead.
This $25 disk fiasco has already cost HP $3000 in lost sales from me.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:09 am 
1.5TB storage
1.5TB storage

So has ANYONE received their update discs?

At this point I'm wondering if I should just cancel my order. I'm so sick of HP's lack of customer service and inability to meet self proclaimed release dates.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:39 pm 
1.5TB storage
1.5TB storage

glide wrote:
So has ANYONE received their update discs?

At this point I'm wondering if I should just cancel my order. I'm so sick of HP's lack of customer service and inability to meet self proclaimed release dates.

I am in the UK and checked with HPs prefered supplier who we in the UK had to order from
I have a "shipped" message on my order page of today 5th Feb. So if shipped from within the UK I should expect arrival after the weekend
If the disks do arrive soon I then have the dilema of wether to install straight away or wait to hear other people experiances !

ern

Macbook Air, Mac Mini
Viewbook Win8.1 Laptop
Acer Revo W7 PC for recording TV

Thanks  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:33 pm 
2.5TB storage
2.5TB storage

HP has dropped the ball on this fiasco. I ordered within hours of the web site being opened and the delivery is now past due and still not shipped. I don't know if their behavior is fraudulent but is certainly not what you would expect of a company with HP's quality reputation.

I called the customer service line today to see when the product would be here. I got a contact in India who told me that it had shipped and would arrive today. That was not true! I called technical support and while they are very apologetic it is obvious no one knows what is going on. They acted like they simply had no stock and were waiting for their inventory. So why did they release it?

I was getting ready to buy a second server and it would have been an HP. Now I wonder if I should build a server on my own. I love my HP server even though it doesn’t have a monitor, mouse, keyboard, DVD drive, good processor speed or enough eSATA ports. Counting the server, two side towers, memory, CPU and 11 extra drives I have almost $3,000 invested in this toy. I even have a 5 drive tower that will not work because the EX470 will not allow the 5th drive to work. And yet I am ready to buy a second unit. GOD, am I hooked! I could have built a monster server for that kind of money.

I have 6 new HP computers in my home and 2 older Compaq’s. Thank God my wife doesn’t kill me.

I don’t want to lose faith in HP as I believe they are a good company but it is getting difficult to stay loyal. I don't want to reward their recent bad service with more business. My last 2 website orders have never been received. One lost in delivery and never received (Not HP's Fault I guess) and now this software update.

HP is getting a lot of mud on their face with the Geek community with this problem. They should mail us all $50 or $100 loyalty discount coupons for new purchases for the grief.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:14 am 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

Yakusa,

I have the AMD 1640 CPU upgrade already installed in my EX475 :D , will the V3.0 software upgrade install ok with this or will I need to re-install the stock Sempron CPU first? :oops:

Thanks

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:50 am 
2.5TB storage
2.5TB storage

Eidos--

Agree with you completely. I called HP at the number on the strange email that looked like spam that they sent out telling me that there might be a delay. The rep could not look up the order. Three phone calls later, I finally got a Canuck (thank goodness..I can always understand North American customer service) who told me that HP was overwhelmed with the response. He told me that the UK vendor's website crashed when it opened from volume, and confirmed that they have no stock and don't know when it is coming in.

BTW, I really thought that delay email was spam as it had a type on the bottom left of the email and was poorly written. I was very surprised to read posts that others had received the exact same email as I and that it was valid!

This one has me annoyed as I am waiting to wipe the server to install Sharepoint and Gallery 2.3, and to turn my Wordpress blog from beta to PRD. I've been waiting since December now, and I still can't plan that conversion without a date from HP on the order.

I have had absolutely outstanding service from this company on my last three purchases. I am very surprised that this has happened. I know that they will make it right, but I sure do hope that they fix it quickly!

I would imagine that if you paid extra to expedite the order, HP would refund that extra shipping fee once the order goes beyond promised ship date.

Good luck!

Jim

1 2.0TB Barracuda® XT 7200 rpm drive
2 1.5TB Seagate Barracuda® XT SATA 7200 rpm drives
1 0.5TB stock drive shipped with MSS
Running HP 3.0 updated software

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:54 pm 
Founder
Founder

fogdog54 wrote:
Yakusa,

I have the AMD 1640 CPU upgrade already installed in my EX475 :D , will the V3.0 software upgrade install ok with this or will I need to re-install the stock Sempron CPU first? :oops:

Thanks

This should not be a problem, you should be able to install with the upgraded CPU unless you've done something bad to your BIOS.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:23 am 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

Thanks for the info Yakuza, I haven't messed with the BIOS, so I am very happy that I haven't got to go messing about changing the CPU over. Cheers mate.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:20 am 
2.0TB storage
2.0TB storage

is this right ? for the UK

£10 for the disk and no shipping charge ?

Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:59 am 
1.5TB storage
1.5TB storage

Yes, its right £10,
I have not received mine yet but have been charged and the website states that it has been shipped.

As you imply, its an unusually low price, in the UK we normally have to pay 1 pound per dollar plus VAT (17.5%) plus postage and packing.

Its a good deal.

Thanks  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next