It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:32 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 9:20 am 

is there as of yet, a nas OS with support for the SIS190 NIC?
freebsd or debian? (i would prefer debian)
is there an easy solution to get it to work?
a definitive answer?

has anyone gotten any of these to work?
nas4free
openmediavault
ubuntu server (amahi?)
zentyal
freenas (apparently a resource hog?)

is it as simple as using a usb network adapter and ndiswrapper to import the recessionary driver into ubuntu?
is there native support for the sis190i n the latest version of debian (8 jessie)? and if i go this rout can i just install openmediavault on top of debian?
thats what they make it sound like:
http://forums.openmediavault.org/index. ... tallation/

Aug 11th 2014

DJ-Alien wrote:
Hello,
after testing OMV in my VM I want to test it in real life
I bought a Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI ( gigabyte.de/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4992#ov ) motherboard with an i3-4130t and want to install OMV.
The installation aborted because the network driver is missing. The e1000e for the intel network card didn't work. I tested all other drivers, too. No positive result.
After that fail I tested the board with the actual live-debian CD. Network card works.
My tested OMV Version is 0.5.48_amd64. The live CD is debian-7.6.0-amd64.
I tried to add the driver in installation progress but it failed -> The USB-Stick and the external HDD didn't work.
Next test was installing the live version to the harddrive and OMV in addition (I used this instruction: och-group.de/2013/05/16/openme…achtraglich-installieren/ ).
But it failed... again, because some packages are missing

I thought OMV is based on an actual debian? Why is the driver in OMV missing?

How can I install OMV with the correct drivers? Best would be when I can use both network cards ...

If the Debian 7 CD is recognizing your network card:

Download the Netinst ISO for Debian Wheezy from Debian's website
debian.org/devel/debian-installer/

During the install, it will ask you if you want to install a desktop, etc.. You can just uncheck everything on that page.

After the netinstall is done, run these commands one at a time:

Source Code

echo "deb http://packages.openmediavault.org/public kralizec main" > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openmediavault.list
apt-get update
apt-get install openmediavault-keyring postfix
apt-get update
apt-get install openmediavault
omv-initsystem

Reference this post on the old forum phpbb.openmediavault.org/viewt…d9483d637&start=20#p43944

That's what I did, and it worked fine. You should be able to log in to the webUI w/ your servers IP address at that point.

Edit: Just realized you installed Debian (I assume Debian 7).. if you don't mind having the Desktop, etc.. then you can just add the OMV repo in the instructions above, and install OMV.

Hope that helps
Air Conditioners are a lot like PC's... They work great until you open Windows.

Post was edited 3 times, last by “KM0201” (Aug 11th 2014).

i'd like to be able to use my hp meidasmart ex470, but this is getting to be a real headache... just about ready to throw it away and use an old pc... i got the vga/ps2 adapter and everything.

thanks for your input,
-onus

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10