It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:26 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: WHS PHP Installer
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:34 am 
Uber Moderator
Uber Moderator

I'll have a beta Sql Add-In very soon, it's done just need to do some testing more testing with it before I release. I wasnt planning on Apache as it's already done on the EX48x and will soon be with the EX47x.

I've also made some changes on the PHP Add-In and will upload those later, further testing showed I needed to apply some ACL's to the PHP folder.

Thanks  
The following user would like to thank Cougar for this post
SteffJay

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:10 am 
Uber Moderator
Uber Moderator

0.0.4 uploaded to the first post.

I've based some of these changes on my experiences using Gallery and also PhpMyAdmin (along with MySql which will be ready really soon).

Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:25 pm 

@SteffJay Yes you can use the MSS for a web server (it already is to some point a webserver) I would say running a basic site would be doable, but running forums and High traffic would be scetchy as you are dealing with two things the power of the MSS (Ram and porcessor) and your ISP.

Most ISP's block port #80 to stop you from hosting sites from your home. That is why the MSS redirects to port 443. With a DDNS like TZO or something like them you can redirect your ports to work correctly.

As far as the MSS you can setup a site easily with what cougar is doing or install it manually. There are even out of the box sites that will install on windows like

http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp.html
http://download.cnet.com/Abyss-Web-Serv ... 79200.html

I have messed with both of them on my MSS. I had a full CMS running on my MSS and decided against it as it was slower than I liked.

Hope that helps,

Joe

@Cougar
does the latest 0.0.4 include GD or ImgMagik? Is that something you are thinking about?

Thanks  
The following user would like to thank COPC for this post
SteffJay
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:28 pm 

Uninstalled version 0.0.3

Tried to install 0.0.4 and got an error

Rebooted and tried to install and got the same error. I overwrote the 0.0.3 file so I can not try to reinstall that.

Attachment:
phperror.jpg
phperror.jpg [ 425.57 KiB | Viewed 22038 times ]

Thanks  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:44 am 
Uber Moderator
Uber Moderator

Can you see if there are any more details in the Additions*.log file from when you did the install?

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows Home Server\logs

Thanks  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:58 am 
2.5TB storage
2.5TB storage

Based on the above input I uninstalled version three and rebooted. I then attempted to install version four. It failed with the above error, 1603. I attempted to install it a second time to also have it fail a second time. I see,

Action start 8:39:11: SchedSecureObjectsRollback.
SchedSecureObjectsRollback: Failed to store ACL rollback information with error 0x80070002 - continuing

Action start 8:39:12: InstallFinalize.
ExecSecureObjects: Error 0x80070534: failed to get sid for account: IUSR_Black-1

Property(S): ProductToBeRegistered = 1
MSI (s) (3C:EC) [08:39:32:229]: Product: WHS PHP Installer -- Installation failed.

I then attempted to reinstall version three, it reinstalled. I went to the test page, and it loaded. Hope that helps.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:16 am 
Uber Moderator
Uber Moderator

Thanks. can you confirm what the account name you have set for the anonymous user in IIS. I'm checking based on your machine name, Black-1.... maybe thats the same issue for you both. Or easier, whats the name of the account now....

Thanks  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:12 am 
2.5TB storage
2.5TB storage

Cougar wrote:
Thanks. can you confirm what the account name you have set for the anonymous user in IIS. I'm checking based on your machine name, Black-1.... maybe thats the same issue for you both. Or easier, whats the name of the account now....

As far as I know I have not set/changed anything in IIS from the default settings. So if you are willing to tell me how and where, I will check.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:36 am 
Uber Moderator
Uber Moderator

Easiest way is to go into Computer Management on the server (via RDP), Local Users and Groups, and look for the account with the Full Name of "Internet Guest Account".

Thanks  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:09 am 
Uber Moderator
Uber Moderator

Right, here's what I think is happening... and have managed to reproduce.

When you built your machines, your servers were probably called the default, HPSERVER. So when IIS was installed (as part of the WHS setup), the account IUSR_HPSERVER gets created. When you change your server name, the IUSR account remains the same.

As part of the install, I was calling IUSR_[Computername] and in your cases it was failing because the account didn't exist. I've made a change to 0.0.5 to overcome this issue. (going into top post now).

Thanks guys.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:41 pm 
2.5TB storage
2.5TB storage

Cougar wrote:

When you built your machines, your servers were probably called the default, HPSERVER. So when IIS was installed (as part of the WHS setup), the account IUSR_HPSERVER gets created. When you change your server name, the IUSR account remains the same.

As part of the install, I was calling IUSR_[Computername] and in your cases it was failing because the account didn't exist. I've made a change to 0.0.5 to overcome this issue. (going into top post now).

Thanks guys.

Okay this works, however I needed to use WindowsHomeServer Toolkit to "rediscover" my Server in order to reconnect to it after the console shut down upon completing the install. Pinging the MSS showed the external IP address. (not the internal address)

So would there be any advantage in creating a IUSR_Black-1 account? Such that my server is slightly more compatible with other software in the future? Or to ask this another way, how likely is it for another developer to choose calling IUSER_[Computername] ?

Thanks...

Thanks  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:55 pm 
Uber Moderator
Uber Moderator

It's highly likely to happen again, it seems to be a common method when packaging something and needing to grant the IIS guest account rights. You can rename the account, and the only thing you need to do is to set the IIS Guest account name. (IIS Admin, right click the default web site and choose properties, directory security, edit, set the right name (no password needed)).

Note to anyone else doing something with WIX, don't use IUSER_[Computername] :lol:

Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:17 pm 

Teknmage wrote:
Cougar wrote:

Thanks guys.

Okay this works, however I needed to use WindowsHomeServer Toolkit to "rediscover" my Server in order to reconnect to it after the console shut down upon completing the install. Pinging the MSS showed the external IP address. (not the internal address)

So would there be any advantage in creating a IUSR_Black-1 account? Such that my server is slightly more compatible with other software in the future? Or to ask this another way, how likely is it for another developer to choose calling IUSER_[Computername] ?

Thanks...

@cougar Sorry have not had much free time to send you the log, but looks like you found a solution. Since Teknmage and I had the same issue. if I install the latest version 0.0.5 I can expect to have to rediscover my MSS?

Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:31 pm 
Uber Moderator
Uber Moderator

No; I'm not doing anything that would do that. When a machine responds to a ping with the external address, I'd be thinking its name resolution was screwed.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:56 pm 

Cougar wrote:
Note to anyone else doing something with WIX, don't use IUSER_[Computername] :lol:

Should have mentioned that to you before. :) "S-1-5-17" for the SID, I believe it was.

Also, I believe fastCGI loads up php faster. That, and 5.3.x requires fastCGI, IIRC. And there has been a lot of optimization done in 5.3 for windows. But it is a matter of getting it to work properly, and some other issues.

(oh, and yes, this is a *lot* easier than doing it yourself!)

Cougar wrote:
No; I'm not doing anything that would do that. When a machine responds to a ping with the external address, I'd be thinking its name resolution was screwed.

At best losing connection to the server *may* be caused by resetting IIS, but it should come back immediately at worst.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next