It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:31 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: WHS PHP Installer
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:17 pm 

@cougar .0.05 is working! :mss:

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
 Post subject: Re: WHS PHP Installer
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:09 pm 
Uber Moderator
Uber Moderator

Sweet; all looks good for a release then.

MySql's done as well so i'll polish that a little and beta release that next.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:36 pm 

I had tried to install PHP manually a while back with no success. Just installed this addin and seems to be working right off the bat!! Great job. I am having one issue though. As per instructions I can go to https://servername/pma and it brings up the login page as it should. I can login with the username administrator and password field blank. I would like to be able to change the password because if you go to https://whsdomain.homeserver.com/pma/index.php it also brings up the same page and anyone can login. How do I change the password?!? Once I login there is a link to change the password but if I try to change it I get the following error....

Error
SQL query:

SET PASSWORD = PASSWORD( '***' )

MySQL said:

#1044 - Access denied for user ''@'localhost' to database 'mysql'

Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:23 am 

Hello,

Has anyone know how to change the home page ?

To be more clear:

When i visit, xxxxx.homeserver.com, i do not want to go directly to HomeHP but to another page that i'll design. (like index.php on the apache server)

Thanks a lot

Thanks  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:45 pm 

hello,

i hawe one issue i install this php add-in and MySQL add-in to, then go to //Myserver/pma get "index" page loged in with admin user and i was not able create DB. on pma home was info some functions ar disabled and php adn MySQL versions compability issue. test.php and other my own php files worked fine. then i try reinstall both of them php and MySQL, i uninstall reboot then install it again try go to //Myserver/pma again and now im no't able login in pma with admin user, geting error "PHP has encountered an Access Violation at 026F2BEB" that error with "FF" and in "IE" error 500 server internal error. i just wanna create full functionally SQL DB for CMS i just don't know how do it with SQL Consle if posible at all. and pma more comfortable to manage SQL can anyone help me with this issue. ohh and one moere thing i try reinstall php and MySQL 3 times after this same thing getting error :cry:

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:13 am 
Uber Moderator
Uber Moderator

lordcerberus wrote:
hello,

i hawe one issue i install this php add-in and MySQL add-in to, then go to //Myserver/pma get "index" page loged in with admin user and i was not able create DB. on pma home was info some functions ar disabled and php adn MySQL versions compability issue. test.php and other my own php files worked fine. then i try reinstall both of them php and MySQL, i uninstall reboot then install it again try go to //Myserver/pma again and now im no't able login in pma with admin user, geting error "PHP has encountered an Access Violation at 026F2BEB" that error with "FF" and in "IE" error 500 server internal error. i just wanna create full functionally SQL DB for CMS i just don't know how do it with SQL Consle if posible at all. and pma more comfortable to manage SQL can anyone help me with this issue. ohh and one moere thing i try reinstall php and MySQL 3 times after this same thing getting error :cry:

You'll get a load of mileage by reading the release note and using search, but to recap...logon as root rather thand admin. The access violation is caused by libmysql.dll, rename c:\program files\mysql\bin\libmysql.dll

Thanks  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:23 am 

hi !!

by default, wwwroot is created into c:\inetpub\

but i would like modify this path like that d:\share\web\
do you now how i can do that without use IIS ?

thank's you

Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:27 am 

Hi

I did somethign VERY stupid. I installed all the relevant software on my ex490 in order to run wordpress on my WHS box.

*MySQL Installer for WHS
*WHS PHP Installer
*Wordpress Installer for WHS

I then went to https://servername/pms logging in as root and leaving the password blank. Then, in trying to create a password for root, instead I DELETED the root@127.0.0.1 !!!

On trying to login and correct my stupidity it states:

"PHP has encountered an Access Violation at 02622BEB"

Anyway, I realised I'd been a dipstick when I couldn't re-login and sort it. I tried uninstalling the above add-ins, reinstalling and trying to get back to where I started before I deleted the root! But, somehow, despite uninstalling, rebooting, reinstalling and rebooting again, phpadmin seems to remember my idiocy even after uninstalling and reinstalling... so I am basically stuck.

Help! This novice needs someone who knows what they're doing to tell me how to dig myself out of the hole I just made.

Thanks

Ralph

Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:34 am 
Founder
Founder

Ralph, did you see Nigel's post 2 above yours?

Thanks  
The following user would like to thank yakuza for this post
ralphaverbuch
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:48 am 

Hey Alex -- did as was suggested and added '.old' to that dll. Was then able to login as root with no password.

I'm now, I think, back where I was before my faux pas...

Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:18 pm 
2.5TB storage
2.5TB storage

Something I have been meaning to ask of late...I use Add-In Central and it always flags my PHP install as being out of date as I have v1.1 installed and the current version is v1.04 I believe...I personally thought 1.04 should be 'older' than 1.1 (or 1.10) but there you go...

As I understand it (correct me if I'm wrong Cougar) the main difference was in the installer - so there seems no point uninstalling/reinstalling if the original installation went succesfully?

Is there a string I could alter anywhere to 'fool' Add-In Central into thinking I do actually have v1.4 installed?

Or should I in fact 'upgrade' to the latest version and risk something going wrong along the way?

Living with Add-In Central reporting something as out of date is not an option on my system! :wink:

Thanks & kind regards,
-=Glyn=-

Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:44 pm 
Founder
Founder

GlynH wrote:

Living with Add-In Central reporting something as out of date is not an option on my system! :wink:

If this is the case then you should upgrade to the latest release.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:40 pm 
Uber Moderator
Uber Moderator

A little confused on 1.1 as I dont have any code releasing that version?? 1.01 - 1.04 are the only live versions out there so 1.1's confusing me (and would indeed be later!)

You should be good either way to upgrade from 1.01 to 1.04; it was mainly installer issues that were addressed for foreign language systems and I dont foresee any issues along the way.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:20 am 

Cougar,

I have been using the WHS PHP Installer to run a glype proxy (http://www.glype.com)on my WHS. I have been having an issue that is probably more a script issue, but I thought I would ask you for some insight since the glype proxy scene has not been very helpful.

I have been having an issue where the proxy script will forward the content appropriately, but when I have to submit a web forum (say a google search, or a login box) the script seems to go into an endless loop of loading.

I am more interested on the php version that you started with. I see on the PHP site that there are 2 versions for 32bit systems; thread safe and non-thread safe. They seem to recommend non-thread safe for use in IIS5 and IIS6. Is that the version that the installer uses?

I have also tried adding FastCGI and going through the configuration steps found here: http://php.net/manual/en/install.windows.iis6.php ... No luck. Though, now that a timeout period is set per their recommendations ... it at least stops at some point instead of the proxy script timing out on it's own.

Last year, on a previous WHS OS install and before I happened across your installer, I used the Microsoft Web Applications Installer to install PHP and FastCGI via Remote Desktop, and I can't remember if I had this problem. I might have, but I might not have looked this far into it.

Thanks
JesterEE

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:02 am 
Uber Moderator
Uber Moderator

The installer is using the non thread safe version, and is just an automated install of Drashnas posting from WeGotServed. I've not used Glype but it does sound like more of a script issue, or an incompatibility with the version of PHP you have. It's probably worth installing a later version of php with fastcgi and seeing how that goes.

Thanks  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next